Respected Contributor

Nurse Nina Pham suing Texas hospital

She says she has lingering issues as a result of contracting Ebola caring for patient Thomas Duncan.

She feels the hospital had inadequate training and resources for taking care of a patient with Ebola.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

Re: Nurse Nina Pham suing Texas hospital

These people who file lawsuits for huge amounts of money and then sanctimoniously say they're doing it so "nobody else will have to go through what I did," just slay me. I've never heard of a single one giving her court awarded windfall to a charity.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

On 3/2/2015 Kachina624 said: These people who file lawsuits for huge amounts of money and then sanctimoniously say they're doing it so "nobody else will have to go through what I did," just slay me. I've never heard of a single one giving her court awarded windfall to a charity.

why should she give any legal winnings to a charity? The hospital should have been prepared and the infectious disease docs there and haz mat people were asleep at the wheel. The nurses on the front line had to pay the price. Unfortunately the only thing that will make sure it doesn't happen again is a legal case to put the fear of G-d in the hospital -- the fear of being sued again.

Honored Contributor

Not surprised

Respected Contributor

My ONLY problem with this is who is really the one that pays when someone sues.

I certainly believe that she should be reimbursed for losses, but other than that, I worry where the money comes from and who it impacts.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/2/2015 Complicated said:

My ONLY problem with this is who is really the one that pays when someone sues.

I certainly believe that she should be reimbursed for losses, but other than that, I worry where the money comes from and who it impacts.

Yeah, you've got a point

Super Contributor

I have mixed emotions about this and I also wonder how this will impact her career and if this decision with jeopardize whether she ever works again in healthcare field. I also wonder how she came to this decision and who has influenced her. Plenty of aggressive and ruthless lawyers out there just waiting to swoop in to profit from her misfortune.

Honored Contributor

She said they released her name and a video against her wishes. She wanted to remain private.

Super Contributor

On 3/2/2015 brii said:

She said they released her name and a video against her wishes. She wanted to remain private.

Her desire for anonymity is so self serving.

Super Contributor

On 3/2/2015 brii said:

and yet here she is. again.