Super Contributor

Did anyone see the 60 Minutes report? At one time we looked at their laminate flooring but went with another manufacturer. So glad we did.

Valued Contributor
On the west coast, so I'm watching it right now. Very scary.
Super Contributor

The Chinese workers in the factories are wearing almost no protection. It looked like a flimsy mask covered one worker's nose and mouth. I wonder what their incident of respiratory illnesses are.

Honored Contributor

It can take years for those types of illnesses to kick in. What was the report about?

Super Contributor

Formaldehyde levels of Lumber Liquidators China made laminate exceeds health and safety standards. Tests of random samples coming from several states shows levels exceeding the CA limit by 13 times. This product could already be installed in 100,000s of homes across the country.

Here's the link: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/lumber-liquidators-linked-to-health-and-safety-violations/

Esteemed Contributor
It was a hatchet job. they ambushed the CEO of LL presenting him with the alleged proof of the violation which consisted of voice recordings of identified employees of the plants that make the laminate stating they did not meet the CA requirements but not giving names and video interviews of the people making these statements. Then they demanded that he respond on camera immediately to the allegations. The CEOS,stated that the standards for laminate production required that the product meet CA requirements and if that was not taking place they would immediately contact the suppliers and correct the situation. The entire interview set up the CEOS. I,have watched 60 Minutes as long as it has been broadcast and admired the show. This segment was unworthy of them.
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the info ladies.

Super Contributor
On 3/1/2015 KathyPet said: It was a hatchet job. they ambushed the CEO of LL presenting him with the alleged proof of the violation which consisted of voice recordings of identified employees of the plants that make the laminate stating they did not meet the CA requirements but not giving names and video interviews of the people making these statements. Then they demanded that he respond on camera immediately to the allegations. The CEOS,stated that the standards for laminate production required that the product meet CA requirements and if that was not taking place they would immediately contact the suppliers and correct the situation. The entire interview set up the CEOS. I,have watched 60 Minutes as long as it has been broadcast and admired the show. This segment was unworthy of them.

Poor CEO's. How unfortunate for them that the violations were "brought to their attention".

Esteemed Contributor
{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}On 3/1/2015 Plaid Pants said:
On 3/1/2015 KathyPet said: It was a hatchet job. they ambushed the CEO of LL presenting him with the alleged proof of the violation which consisted of voice recordings of identified employees of the plants that make the laminate stating they did not meet the CA requirements but not giving names and video interviews of the people making these statements. Then they demanded that he respond on camera immediately to the allegations. The CEOS,stated that the standards for laminate production required that the product meet CA requirements and if that was not taking place they would immediately contact the suppliers and correct the situation. The entire interview set up the CEOS. I,have watched 60 Minutes as long as it has been broadcast and admired the show. This segment was unworthy of them.

Poor CEO's. How unfortunate for them that the violations were "brought to their attention".

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

Another thank you for the information. I went on line and read the interview. Any company that does manufacturing business, whatever, with China needs to have stringent, random testing protocol established to protect their customers and themselves.