Respected Contributor

Harry Connick on American Idol

Whoa! Was I surprised at the change in his approach to judging the contestants. He's backed off being blunt. Now he's complimenting just about everyone. Anyone else notice?

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

Re: Harry Connick on American Idol

I noticed that the other night when I was watching for the first time this season. I didn't think they deserved his compliments either. I was very surprised.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I think he will be real when it's get to top 12. He makes me laugh, with his comments.

Respected Contributor

He is the quintessential musician. Knows his stuff.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Super Contributor

I think he is trying not to influence the viewers too much at this point. I think he will return to his normal way of critiquing when it gets down to the top 12. He is a master musician and can really give some useful feedback.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Valued Contributor

I tuned in last week and I was surprised also that he had no criticism of anyone. Kinda boring.

Respected Contributor

I watched from Season One. After the debacle of last season, I have no interest. IMO, the show has jumped the shark - BIG TIME.

I have switched to the Voice. It moves at a faster pace and every bit as enjoyable.

Regular Contributor

Did anyone watch the guys last night? I can't believe that Danny wasn't voted off. I mean, he is OK but to me he looks like a 12 year old. It just seems out of place to hear him singing some of these songs........anyway, a couple of the guys I like made it through also. My favorite right now is Quaasim (sp?) Tonight it's the girls' turn. We'll see what happens, but I'll bet Katherine and Shi are going home among others.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Honored Contributor

Harry Connick..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I can't remember their names, but those last two singers were born to perform!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986