Trusted Contributor

Did anyone see Dr. Phil today?

I'm watching it right now and it's so frustrating. They've got a family on where one daughter has totally acted out and has done all kinds of bad things and has been estranged from the family for 3 years. The mother wrote to the show to get Dr. Phil's help to bring the daughter back into the family, but it's not going well so far. The daughter seems like a real piece of work.

I'm wondering if anyone else saw the show and if you empathized with the mother/family or estranged daughter.

Honored Contributor

Re: Did anyone see Dr. Phil today?

I watched most of it Deb. I never understand those who act out and can not see that they have reason to be disappointed with you.

I was left wondering if she had been really abused? What do you think?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Trusted Contributor

deb.... I am watching it.... I think the daughter has unrealistic expectations.... she left and has had a taste of real life and now she comes back and throws mud in their faces.... she is the one who acted out.... she has so much anger.... the family has so much anger...

deb.... I wouldn't want someone who steals and is constantly acting out in my home... I wouldn't want the turmoil.... it would be a constant "fight"....

I am sure that the family wasn't perfect.... however, the daughter was lucky to have had someone decent to raise her.... she could have been raised in the foster care system.... and that can be a nightmare....

Trusted Contributor

On 2/26/2015 croemer said:

I watched most of it Deb. I never understand those who act out and can not see that they have reason to be disappointed with you.

I was left wondering if she had been really abused? What do you think?

IMO she's lying about a lot. I think there were grains of truth in what she said -- about at home being a sister/daughter, but out and about being introduced as the niece and then the mother told the story of her bio mother being in jail, etc... I don't believe she was raped at 13 and told the sister/mother, nor that the mother directed racial slurs at her, nor that she was beaten. She's way bitter and emotionally very immature and has a victim mentality.

What do you think?

I'm about 40 minutes thru the show, so I haven't seen the resolution yet.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/26/2015 game-on said:

deb.... I am watching it.... I think the daughter has unrealistic expectations.... she left and has had a taste of real life and now she comes back and throws mud in their faces.... she is the one who acted out.... she has so much anger.... the family has so much anger...

deb.... I wouldn't want someone who steals and is constantly acting out in my home... I wouldn't want the turmoil.... it would be a constant "fight"....

I am sure that the family wasn't perfect.... however, the daughter was lucky to have had someone decent to raise her.... she could have been raised in the foster care system.... and that can be a nightmare....

ITA with everything you said.

Trusted Contributor

OY... I just finished watching. Good resolution and I'm hopeful she'll get the help she needs courtesy of Dr. Phil.

I could've done without him plugging his new weight loss book at the end of the show in the midst of all the family crying their eyes out. Then pointing at the estranged daughter (plus size) and instructing her that she's getting a signed copy and she's going to follow it.

Trusted Contributor

deb.... dr. phil.... he gives so much.... he has to have money to do it.... that is how I give him a pass for his pandering...

I agree that it was not needed, however.... and he pimps his wife's goodies and his son's goodies, too.... I guess when you are in front of an audience with your name on the show you can get away with it.

Valued Contributor

it's only 13 minutes into the show. I might watch it.

Honored Contributor

Hi guys!

The look on the sisters and the mother when she said she had been raped...looked like real shock...so I am thinking she lied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Trusted Contributor

On 2/26/2015 croemer said:

Hi guys!

The look on the sisters and the mother when she said she had been raped...looked like real shock...so I am thinking she lied.

ITA Croemer. She couldn't look either of them in the eye as she talked about it. And then when pressed for details first said the sister blew it off and then said she was concerned and went with her to talk to the mom about it.

Plus I just don't think the mother was the type to use racial slurs either.

Let's face it, as Dr. Phil said, she leads a rough lifestyle and is on drugs. Lying is probably second nature to her. Also with the attitude that she was going to "get them" for everything they (the family) allegedly did to her when she lived at home. I'm sure she made stuff up and justified it to herself somehow.

I'd love to see a follow-up with her. I hope she does well in whatever rehab Dr. Phil sends her to and she's able to get a leg up.