Esteemed Contributor

What is the most you paid or would pay for concert tickets?

What is the most you paid or would pay for concert tickets?

Hall and Oates are coming to Allentown (and Hershey) PA.

They said tickets at Allentown were 45 a piece. I went online for PRE sale.

Try $270 for 2 tickets with parking. (I added w parking which isn't that much b/c its hard to park in the city of Allentown). Plus we were thinking of taking a motel so it would be more.

Hall and Oates are my faves besides the Beatles. I think I would consider paying that or more for Paul McCartney!

BUT, being I saw Hall and Oates 4X already (the last being 6? yrs ago when tickets weren't near that price, and it was in a more intimate setting), well Im not paying that.

I didnt think they would be 45 as stated, I thought more but not this much more. So I guess I am still living in the stone age..lol. thinking prices would be a bit cheaper.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Re: What is the most you paid or would pay for concert tickets?

About 20 years ago I paid $400 for a pair of front-row seats to a Stones concert in Chicago.

Trusted Contributor

Paid $250 + handling fees each for 1 Paul McCartney ticket in my town & for 1 Barbra Streisand in Las Vegas. Worth it both times! Both around 2005-2006.

Respected Contributor

I paid $75 to see Pink Martini. Smiley Happy That's the most I've paid! There's.no other artist that I would pay more for. I have paid over $100 for theater tickets.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Super Contributor

My one and only ever splurge was for Queen at the Hard Rock, Vegas. I had VIP table seats which were $500 each. Then there was the hotel stay and the plane fare. It was a once in a lifetime thing, and it was well worth it to see Brian May and Roger Taylor with the amazing Adam Lambert singing those ageless songs of Queen. Plus, it was just a fun trip for a few days. Usually, I pay anywhere from $85 to $175 for tickets, but I am picky about what band I'm seeing. I think I paid $150 for Aerosmith and $175 for Bon Jovi. Both fabulous concerts, but had to stand through most of the concert because that's what people do at concerts. The VIP tickets at the Hard Rock for a 2 1/2 hour show allowed you to stand up and look directly down at the stage or sit at the table and watch with complimentary unlimited cocktails served and no obstruction of view by anyone in front of us because there WAS no one. Lesser concerts in my area can be real bargains. I saw Billy Squier for $40 per ticket. I saw Heart for $80.

Honored Contributor

The most I paid for a ticket is $300-ish. My husband splurged and bought us front row tickets to an Andrea Bocelli concert. They were quite pricey.

Honored Contributor

200 Fleetwood Mac. On the floor center about 19th row
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

We paid $900 for two tickets for The Rolling Stones at Madison Square Garden. They were certainly the most we ever spent, but not even the best seats we've ever had.

Super Contributor

$500

Honored Contributor

about 300 x 2 for Celine Deion tickets...she was worth that price. I don't like paying those prices and will rarely do it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**