Trusted Contributor

Amazing that Guilliana is being heavily criticized about her comments (which I agree were highly inappropriate), when Joan made a very good living saying similar and even worse comments all the time. Even worse is that Joan was forgiven because "she was a comedian" and Guilliana is not.

Valued Contributor

Re: Guilliana's recent comment

joan received a lot of flack over the years. she went on and so will guiliana.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Honored Contributor

There's no comparison imho, Guiliana had a lot of nerve going there....

Super Contributor

Omg, why start another thread on this.

Honored Contributor

Zendaya has taken the high road, given a recent well thought out statement, and quoting MLK. All I can say is that Z has wonderful parents because they sure raised a very mature daughter. I recall her on DWTS when she was sixteen, and I was very impressed.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

On 2/26/2015 SydneyH said:

There's no comparison imho, Guiliana had a lot of nerve going there....

As I recall, Joan had a lot of nerve going LOTS of places.

Honored Contributor

On 2/26/2015 KittyLouSoutenu said:

Joan built on career on controversial material, Guiliana...........not soo much.

Super Contributor

On 2/26/2015 SydneyH said:
On 2/26/2015 KittyLouSoutenu said:

Joan built on career on controversial material, Guiliana...........not soo much.

I thought you were talking about having a lot of nerve.

If you build a career on it, does it lessen that?

I would think it just compounds it.

Honored Contributor

Just tuned back in.......I'm thinking out loud here.......Seems that Joan R. and other comediennes' profession was/is satirizing various subjects/people. That's what comics do, more or less. Satire, mimic, humor, sometimes brash, etc. In GR's case, she is not a professional comedienne. So, her comment put her in a not-so-nice light, very unexpected and out of the norm (for her). Comediennes are on a different wave-length, usually making fun of this and that, this person and that person. IMO ....... Edited to say that I'm glad that G's apology was accepted and that they and all hopefully will move on in a good light.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I believe that Joan MIGHT have made tasteless comments like that about Miley Cyrus who THRIVES on being tasteless. I do NOT think she would have done the same with Zendaya who has a squeaky clean image and is only 18 years old. This little lady has worked very hard to be where she is and came thorough the Disney ""system"" and continues to make good choices career wise. Rancic is no Joan Rivers.