Super Contributor

The longer I stay here the easier it becomes to walk away from flaming or calm discussions. To argue my opinion seems less important when no one is listening anyway. Do you add to discussions or walk away...especially if your thoughts have more or less been posted? Do you enjoy poking/stirring/provoking or being right or adding to the facts/(dis)agreement?

Honored Contributor

foggy, i totally agree......it is so easy for me to walk away now......it makes my life easier AND my blood pressure stays normal. i know how i feel and i know that it is easier for me to argue/discuss it in real life versus trying to present my views here. there are some threads that make me mad or upset, but i just dont even bother to post on them.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

If my opinion has already been posted by others, I just read. I don't mind controversial topics, but I don't start those threads.

Regular Contributor

Usually I walk away I could say so much more.

Respected Contributor
I read and stay away far more than I participate. Once in a while I'm moved to voice my opinion but it doesn't matter in the long run , I say my piece and leave. No one here is willing To consider opinions or even facts that differ with their preconceived notions. We talk at each other rather than to each other and unless you are a prolific poster, you are pretty much ignored.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

I enjoy reading a spirited debate as long as folks present their side with respect and insight. I've noticed that a lot of the time, threads may begin like that but as they get longer, folks seem to tire of politeness, especially when they realize they're not going to change their opponent's mind. Then the name-calling starts and that's the end of the intelligent responses.

Valued Contributor

Hi foggy! I stop posting on a thread when a dicussion becomes circular.

Respected Contributor

I've walked so much lately, I'm almost ready for a new pair of shoes.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

It is very easy to walk away from where I am uncomfortable and feel unwelcomed. It doesn't hurt me in any way. Want nothing to do with whatever has been going on with some of these threads where they're confrontations going on. There was a time when that went on on a daily basis. Thank goodness it doesn't happen that often any more. But then too, I don't post on a lot of the threads today either.

And right now, I don't need nor want any extra stress in my life.

Respected Contributor

HI, foggy, It does get easier but I do get sucked in sometimes. When a few people start repeating their same point overandover...I walk then.

The thing is, I find the threads on current events much more interesting than the "hi there" threads, the entertainment/celebrity ones. Not that those lite threads are never interesting, they often are. But to me there are so many bright posters here. Their comments on the more substantive topics draw me the most. But it's true that one has to walk away when the discussion gets repetitive.