Super Contributor

The Dugger's wedding receptions

I was watching the show last night and heard they will have about 900 or more invited to the daughters wedding.

Who knows that many people? Are they all relatives or close friends or just everyone that goes to their church?

Also, I suspect they don't have traditional receptions with a meal, dancing and cocktails. How could they even offer more than some punch and a piece of cake?

The daughter did pick out a lovely wedding gown to wear.

Anyone else watching?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Dugger's wedding receptions

Yes, there is definitely someone else watching.

http://www.people.com/article/19-kids-counting-jessa-duggar-seewald-wedding-dress-shopping-tlc-break...

"The one-hour season premiere was the No. 1 ranked cable program in prime time with women and the series's highest-rated season premiere ever."

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

No, I didn't watch.

I cannot even wrap my head around having that many people to a wedding.

I wouldn't feel right about having so many people volunteer to throw a wedding for someone in my family either.

Is it a wedding or a circus?

Honored Contributor

Wasn't it 900 people in a gym eating ice cream?

Who even knows 900 people?

Trusted Contributor

I imagine most families they invite have several children. Maybe that is why the guest list is so up there? I watched last night. I was interested in the dress she would be choosing.

Honored Contributor

Her dress was beautiful. Hope you don't mind my posting this pic, OP, if so I'll be happy to delete.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Super Contributor

We had a very small wedding, just us and eight guests. Some of DH's distant cousins still aren't speaking to us for not inviting them (even though I've never met them and they lived thousands of miles away from our wedding venue).

I absolutely can't imagine knowing 900 people, let alone inviting them to a wedding.

Super Contributor

On 2/25/2015 Suziepeach said:

Her dress was beautiful. Hope you don't mind my posting this pic, OP, if so I'll be happy to delete.

Happy to see it! It's a lovely gown and it looks great on her. I didn't care for the peachy bridesmaids dresses though.

Esteemed Contributor

From the photo, she has a substantial train on that dress. I never liked dragging a bunch of fabric down the aisle or walking around in it.

I married my husband in a dress I took out of the closet, at a wedding chapel. Only two couple were asked to be present. We have lasted 33 years - no blow out bash was necessary.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Trusted Contributor

On a model.