Respected Contributor

If You Do Your Taxes On Line Who Do You Use?

I used Jackson Hewitt tax service this morning but I don't like it you can't review the whole thing after your done to make sure everything is correct.I missed something and it said everything was fine. I think I will have to start from the beginning again if it will let me.

Honored Contributor

Re: If You Do Your Taxes On Line Who Do You Use?

I've used TaxAct for several years now.

I'm pretty sure I can go back and change anything or review anything up until I actually file. They have an alert system set up too that catches things. Until you file, all your work is saved and you can return at any time wherever you left off.

Honored Contributor

Turbo Tax

Honored Contributor

Old-fashioned, paper way.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

I use Turbo through my bank at the bank's site.

Super Contributor

Turbotax

Honored Contributor

I've volunteered to do taxes at a senior center for years.

The software we use changes from year to year depending on who gives us the best deal.

I've used TurboTax, Taxslayer and Tax Act. They are all simple to use. (keep in mind we only do simple tax filings) I like Taxslayer the best and TurboTax the least.

Trusted Contributor

TaxAct.

You can stop, and then pick up again where you left off. You can review the section you just filled out, too, and you can review your information before it is submitted.

We have used TaxAct several times, too.

I think that this software program is pretty good at making tax information more easy to understand, in my opinion. It will give you the option in some areas where you click on a button for step-by-step guidance when it comes to filling something out. I find that feature to be really helpful.

Honored Contributor

Turbo Tax.

I have used it for years....it's the best.

Esteemed Contributor

I've used Tax Act for the past few years. It's fairly easy to do and you can doublecheck everything when you're done.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown