Respected Contributor

Sad News Alert: I just spoke to Allegra's husband and obtained his permission to post the following...

While she conquered breast cancer, she suffered a stroke in 2011 and was recently placed into the hospital for blood clots in her legs and lungs. (I am shaking while typing this). She will be coming home this weekend and he asked me to call back and speak with her as she also has been suffering from aphasia from the stroke. It is his hope that she will remember something after speaking with me.

Prayers please for Allegra.

Respected Contributor

Re: Sad News Alert: I just spoke to Allegra's husband and obtained his permission to post the following...

Thank you, Shade. I remember Allegra well - Such a smart lady.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sad News Alert: I just spoke to Allegra's husband and obtained his permission to post the following...

Oh, I'm so sorry. Sending my prayers for Allegra and her loved ones.

May God bless them and hold them gently in His loving hands.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Oh man that is rough.

Valued Contributor

Sending prayers and positive thoughts...

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Respected Contributor

Oh please tell her we all miss her here! She was just mentioned in the missing posters thread. I don't know if she's healthy enough to post again someday, but I hope she can come back to say hello.
"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Valued Contributor

I am so sorry to hear this. Thanks for letting us know. I hope things go as well as possible for her.

Hey you, get off of my cloud...
Frequent Contributor

I don't post often so I don't know she is, but I will certianly pray for her, her family and all that love her.

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone. We had exchanged phone numbers but I had become too busy with my dad and stepmom but was comforted by the knowledge that she had formed a network of friends she chatted with on a health related board, thank goodness for that. She was able to get the moral support she needed every step of the way during her breast cancer recovery.

Respected Contributor

On 2/24/2015 Topaz Gem said: Oh please tell her we all miss her here! She was just mentioned in the missing posters thread. I don't know if she's healthy enough to post again someday, but I hope she can ceme back to say hello.

Yes, I will tell her.