Honored Contributor

So - I just retrieved my mail delivery from yesterday and this is what I found:

1. a box for a neighbor not even in my set of mailboxes - I'll take it to her door.

2. an advertisement for still another neighbor - probably not important, but I might at least see her

3. most amazing of all - a valentine from a friend with my name correct, the street name was right, but not my number, not my town and not my zip code! How did that get to me? It was mailed from SC to FL!

Honored Contributor

Just a suggestion, but I wouldn't leave your neighbor's package at her door. It would be nice if you could wait until she's home, maybe at dinner time or later. So many packages are getting stolen now.

Apparently your mail person has both good and bad on-the-job traits Smile

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Noel- I thought of that- and her package is still with me.

We live on a cul-de-sac and have been so very lucky I must say. Plenty of deliveries by USPS, FedEx, UPS, to wrong address since so many of them are so similar I suppose, but we have not had to have police for the 13 years I've been here.

But there are lots of newbies in the last year as the Florida economy has picked up and owners have finally been able to sell without taking a huge bath, so who knows what's going to be true going forward.

Super Contributor

I had a package this week go from OH to PA to Puerto Rico and then to me. I live no where near Puerto Rico.

Then I had another package go from College Station TX to Houston TX where it took 5 days to go that distance . . . they aren't ""that"" far apart . . . and then the rest of the journey to me in 2 days . . . over 1K miles.

Crazy routing.

Respected Contributor

I had a package of mine delivered to the Bronx from Qvc. The label clearly stated Nevada.

Our route went out to bid recently and we now have a new carrier and a new alternate. When my regular mailman told me this was going to happen, he said so, you'll have to train a new guy. {#emotions_dlg.mellow}

Respected Contributor

That is amazing. The number was wrong along with the city and zip code, I wonder how they did that?

I know a lot of people complain about USPS but for the size of their operation I think they do a very good job. I've never had a problem with my mail. It was nice that you got that card before Valentine's Day.

Esteemed Contributor

The mail has become my new area of complaint. Mail is soooo slow - even without weather delays. I assume at least 7 days now to send a piece of mail - and I'm not talking about sending to a hard to get to, rural location. I sent something on 1/29 from the city that didn't get to it's suburban recipient (maybe 25 miles away) until 2/12. I have several examples from the past two months.

Esteemed Contributor
I too have never had a problem with USPS , I feel for such a large operation they do a pretty darn good job! They get a bad wrap and I realize every company will have its bad apples , but like the song "one bad apple" there are always a few , they are the exception not the rule....
Honored Contributor
On 2/13/2015 Wink said:

That is amazing. The number was wrong along with the city and zip code, I wonder how they did that?

I know a lot of people complain about USPS but for the size of their operation I think they do a very good job. I've never had a problem with my mail. It was nice that you got that card before Valentine's Day.

It was nice - and it took some extra effort on the part of someone in the process. I've never checked, but I wonder maybe if my street name is a single and they traced me that way.

However it was done - they deserve applause this time.

Super Contributor

Our city doesn't have a sorting office here any more. So, the mail first goes to Phoenix then back to Tucson for delivery. What used to be next day delivery now takes up to three days. I could driven the correspondence to its destination anywhere in Tucson in less than an hour.