Honored Contributor

The Great British Baking Show

This is my new favorite food show. The judges and bakers are supportive of each other. (unlike some American cooking competitions) Does anyone else watch it on PBS?

Respected Contributor

Re: The Great British Baking Show

I love the show! Wish they would do a non dessert show too.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I have been watching it, too. I really enjoy this show. It's nice to see people supporting each other like they do in this competition.

Honored Contributor

Love this show......watch it every Sunday evening before Downton Abbey....... And yes, they are very supportive of each other. Believe the judges to be very honest in their thoughts.....

henny......all their shows are not dessert shows. And, that is what I like about their shows.

Honored Contributor

On 2/1/2015 hennypenny said:

I love the show! Wish they would do a non dessert show too.

The pies in the 3 tier pie competition were certainly non dessert. I cannot imagine venison and haggis together in a pie.

I can honestly say I've never seen a 3 tier pie.

Honored Contributor

Love their shows where they bake the breads too. Can almost smell them.....and my mouth starts watering.......lol.

Respected Contributor

You're right---But what I should have said is that I would love to see one of BBC's regular non baking shows.

Trusted Contributor

I know ShowMe, I really enjoyed watching that episode about the bread making. I love freshly baked bread. I like making it myself, and I enjoyed watching them make it, too. That ciabatta bread that they made, looked really good!

Honored Contributor

On 2/1/2015 northernlights said:

I know ShowMe, I really enjoyed watching that episode about the bread making. I love freshly baked bread. I like making it myself, and I enjoyed watching them make it, too. That ciabatta bread that they made, looked really good!

Ok, now you went and did it......my mouth is so watering for home made bread.....and that is something I don't do. Yes, agree the ciabatta bread about made me hit the ceiling.......

Super Contributor

Sounds like a good show, thanks.

I don't like the format or camera work on the Foodnetwork anymore.