Respected Contributor

This has probably already been posted on here!

Today, People Magazine has confirmed he is transitioning to be a woman.

So, let's say it's true.

What I don't understand is how a man can be 65, a former Olympic champion, married more than once, multiple children, and then claim to want to be a woman.

Did anyone in his life see this coming? It just seems a real puzzle to me.

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor

I read a story that claimed he mentioned this to Kris when they were dating.

Honored Contributor

I don't know, there has always been something about him that raised a red flag for me... Who knows, maybe he feels he's finally at a point in life where he wants to live strictly for him and not do what he might have felt was expected... Too bad for him he didn't come to the realization sooner...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

He may have already left a part of himself in that house after being married to Kris.

Honored Contributor
Why? Really? Because almost no one came out long ago, and because he would have had to protect his career. And most likely, he didn't come out for the same reason most gay people didn't come out. Because their family would have rejected them.
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor
Surely this can't be news to people, that numerous gay and trans people had been married and had children before they felt strong enough to change, to let themselves become who they were.
Super Contributor

Besides the longer hair and painted nails, he still dresses like a man.

I don't care what he does though, as long as he is happy.

Respected Contributor
On 1/30/2015 NoelSeven said: Surely this can't be news to people, that numerous gay and trans people had been married and had children before they felt strong enough to change, to let themselves become who they were.

Really? Not news to people? BRUCE JENNER and it's not news?

Honored Contributor
On 1/30/2015 scotttie said:
On 1/30/2015 NoelSeven said: Surely this can't be news to people, that numerous gay and trans people had been married and had children before they felt strong enough to change, to let themselves become who they were.

Really? Not news to people? BRUCE JENNER and it's not news?

No, not Bruce Jenner. Did you notice I asked Why. That was in reference to her question as to how he could claim to want to be a woman after all those years. We have known about this phenomena for quite some time now. THAT is what is not news.
Esteemed Contributor

His 1st wife said on tv that she divorced him for this reason. He hid it very well from the public - but people around him knew about it.