Esteemed Contributor

From Feb 2nd through Valentines Day McDonald’s cashiers will be surprising incredulous customers by requesting they pay for their food by dancing, hugging their companions or calling their mothers to say “I love you.”

If you like McDonalds I guess this is nice. Personally I think they should take the money and pay their employees more.

PS. (I don't eat there due to cholesterol issues, but my grown kids and 2 of my 3 grandkids like it).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Valued Contributor

Asking customers to call their mother might backfire big time. I'd burst into tears.

Super Contributor

So, they are going to have a worker, who is making minimum wage, ask a customer who is mad, to sing, dance, hug someone, or call their mom?

Yeah, that'll go over real well. Like a lead balloon.

I can see the irate customer getting even more mad.{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Respected Contributor

Not everyone can call their mother

Respected Contributor

Wow, that's a really stupid promotion. Very few people would want do to that to get a free meal. What about those whose mothers are no longer with us? It would be much better for business to have the cash register randomly assign "You're our valentine!" status to customers and then give them their meals free. People would go there in hopes of getting a free lunch.

I love their chicken wraps (the big ones), but I always use the drive-through.

Honored Contributor

I guess it sounds kind of cute, but they'd have to pay me a LOT of money to eat the 'food' they make there.

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like fun, especially if they ask the kids to dance, etc!!

Trusted Contributor

Yeah, I don't think that this is a good idea.

I agree with Marp.

Some of the hugging scenarios could get awkward, too, if you are there with someone who is an acquaintance, let's say, and someone who is not close to you, and you are asked to hug them.

Super Contributor

If a mother is no longer with you just hug the person you are with or sing : I love you" for 3 seconds. Personally I would like to see the customers do this; should be funny! What is wrong with showing some love? I guess you have to have a "McDonalds" mind to understand this and I only eat there very occasionally but I think this is pretty cool. Not a super big deal to make a big fuss. Either go there or not and then you won't have to see it! Yes, I'm tired right now and in a grouchy mood but IMO.

Honored Contributor
So what happens if I am there alone, my mother is dead and I can't dance or carry a tune?