Super Contributor

The Movie "Hachi" and My Dad

This past Wednesday, my dad and I were out having lunch, when we got to talking about the movie "Hachi".

It was on television recently, and even though I had never seen it, I knew what it was about.

My dad said that he watched the movie, and that the ending made him cry. The movie made an 87 year old man cry. That's saying something.

I told him that I watched it too, and that I also cried at the end of the movie.

It is a good movie, but if you do watch it, have a box of tissues close by.

I cried for a good hour after the movie had ended.{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Movie ""Hachi"" and My Dad

Is that the movie about the true story about the dog that went to the train station every day after the war to meet his owner who died in the war?

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Super Contributor

On 1/30/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:

Is that the movie about the true story about the dog that went to the train station every day after the war to meet his owner who died in the war?

Yes. It's about the dog who went to the train station every day to wait for his master to come home, even after his master passed away.

It has Richard Gere in it.

Respected Contributor

I saw this with my mother years ago. We cried too. Good movie.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

I don't find it odd that a man up in years cried..........a great many men who would never shed a single tear at a younger age, will with age...........my own grand father was as hard as nails as they come..........but as he got old (70's)......if Big Hoss on Bananza, or little Joe got into a fix, it would bring him to tears...........................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Esteemed Contributor

I need to see if they have this on Netflix. Sounds good but I will bawl my eyes out. Any type of animal story kills me.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

I need to see if they have this on Netflix. Sounds good but I will bawl my eyes out. Any type of animal story kills me.

It's on Netflix, that's where I saw it, it is a GREAT movie....................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

I forgot to mention we saw it when one of my dogs was a puppy (this was at home). I noticed she would stare at the screen whenever Hatchi was on. I got my phone and recorded her. She looked very much like a small Hatchi. She was so cute.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

Just reading the synopsis of the movie is enough to make me cry.

My 90 year old father died a few months ago. The last few years I saw him tear up a numerous times. Before that I could count on one hand how many times I saw him cry. (and they were terribly sad times for our family)

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/30/2015 raven-blackbird said:

It's on Netflix, that's where I saw it, it is a GREAT movie....................................raven

Thanks Raven, I will check it out this weekend.

Lulu, sorry for your loss.

Smaug, that sounds cute. My dogs do the same thing when they see other dogs on TV!

JFK