Honored Contributor

A few weeks ago I reported I went to a late morning movie and was the only person in the theater.

This morning I went to see Black & White. There were a handful of people and shortly before the start time, 3 women, 3 strollers and 2 toddlers strolled in. I recognized the group, as some of them were present when I saw Gone Girl. The ladies talked, the babies cried and toddlers screamed throughout much of the movie.

I went out into the lobby and asked if I could have a rain check. The gentleman told me, these ladies come at least twice a month and I am not the first to ask for a refund. Unfortunately there is little that can be done.

I will see it tomorrow morning, and my husband will be able to go with me.

Honored Contributor

lulu, did the manager give you a refund?

Several years ago, my girlfriend and I had the same experience. It was an afternoon movie for adults, not children.

I finally got up and yelled out loud, to the handful of loud moms and even louder toddlers, to be quiet. {#emotions_dlg.devil2} They had the nerve to be offended and get upset with me. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

A manager refunded our money. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor
On 1/30/2015 lulu2 said:

Unfortunately there is little that can be done.

Boy, did I disagree with the theater on this one. Of course there is something that can be done! The manager can speak to those people and tell them to shut the **** up. (Well, more politely than that of course.) We don't call people out on their bad behavior enough.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor
On 1/30/2015 dmod nj said:

Several years ago, my girlfriend and I had the same experience. It was an afternoon movie for adults, not children.

I finally got up and yelled out loud, to the handful of loud moms and even louder toddlers, to be quiet. {#emotions_dlg.devil2} They had the nerve to be offended and get upset with me. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

I would have clapped wildly for you, dmodSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor
On 1/30/2015 tansy said:
On 1/30/2015 dmod nj said:

I would have clapped wildly for you, dmodSmiley Happy

Thanks tansy.

I did not use my usual potty mouth because of the kids............but I was soclose. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Hi dmod, I was given a pass that is good for 6 months. Hopefully we'll see the movie tomorrow morning.

Are you ready for the bitter cold and some more snow?

Have a great weekend. (I think I know who you will not be rooting for SundayWink)

Honored Contributor
Common courtesy went away a few decades ago. Way too many see everthing as "Their World", be it a roadway or a public facility. We have our own home theater and it actually can be accurately be called "Our World". Hopefully you and your husband can enjoy this movie on your next trip.
hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

lulu,

I'm glad you were give a pass!!! Please let us know what you think of the movie. I am not a big movie watcher, but that is one I'd like to see.

I am ready for the bitter cold. It snowed enough here this morning........with the sun shining........that I had to shovel. I didn't want it to ice up.

You know exactly who I will not be root for on Sunday. LOL I don't want my NY Giants fan club card revoked. LOL

Honored Contributor
On 1/30/2015 Peaches McPhee said:
On 1/30/2015 lulu2 said:

Unfortunately there is little that can be done.

Boy, did I disagree with the theater on this one. Of course there is something that can be done! The manager can speak to those people and tell them to shut the **** up. (Well, more politely than that of course.) We don't call people out on their bad behavior enough.

The manager meant there is nothing that prevents people from bringing children and babies to the theater. Most movie theaters are hurting for patrons so they put up with much more than they once did.

I guess it's easier to comp the people who complain.

Esteemed Contributor

Its good you got a pass to go again. You did the right thing! (and let us know how the movie is then please)

I can tell you in my area in the past 8 years of going to movies almost weekly, if not weekly then monthly Ive only seen a baby in the theatre one time and the baby was quiet (Although I think its stupid to bring a baby into a movie!).

I found that older women (yes my age, but I don't do it), are the ones in the theatre that cant keep quiet while the movies on. But we know where to sit that they don't disturb us because I don't want to say anything to them the way the world is now days. (Years back Id have said Shhhhhh!..lol.)

Ive taken my grandkids to age appropriate movies since the ages of 6 or 7, and they never talk at all. Same with teens and 20 some yr olds, Its the older adults who are annoying here.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles