Respected Contributor

Possible Ebola Patient in California

A patient has been taken to the UC Davis hospital in the Sacramento area who may have ebola. He was transferred from a Sutter hospital in Sacramento because The UC Davis hospital is designated as a treatment center for ebola. All areas where the patient was in the first hospital have been cleaned. I hope it is just a scare. A press conference was cancelled.
Honored Contributor

Re: Possible Ebola Patient in California

"County health officials in Sacramento also confirmed the possible Ebola case, but said it has been classified as low-risk."

http://www.kcra.com/news/local-news/news-sacramento/suspected-ebola-patient-taken-to-uc-davis-medic...

I'm glad CA has one of the designated hospitals.

The newer tests are much faster than even months ago, so we should know fairly soon. I can't remember how fast it is now.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Valued Contributor

It's good to know there are designated hospitals around the country so these patients don't have to travel as far when possibly being so sick. That's a very good thing.

Honored Contributor

On 1/29/2015 Dell said:

It's good to know there are designated hospitals around the country so these patients don't have to travel as far when possibly being so sick. That's a very good thing.

I just heard there are 4 in CA. I didn't know that.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

On 1/29/2015 NoelSeven said:
On 1/29/2015 Dell said:

I just heard there are 4 in CA. I didn't know that.

Wow. I didn't realize there were any others that the few around the country that were listed during the larger outbreak a few months ago. But I haven't been watching much news lately. Smiley Wink
Esteemed Contributor

What are folks dong to get this dreaded virus - don't the know they could die?

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Valued Contributor

Oh probably going to Africa to help nations that have ebola and helping treat them. Yes they know they could die, and they see the greater good. If we all ran away from danger, where would we be?

Honored Contributor

On 1/29/2015 Dell said:

Oh probably going to Africa to help nations that have ebola and helping treat them. Yes they know they could die, and they see the greater good. If we all ran away from danger, where would we be?

Probably most of the diseases that have been eradicated....would not have been, if everyone had had this attitude in the past.

Thank goodness people put themselves in harm's way to learn more about diseases...and many lost their own lives, as a result.

Valued Contributor

On 1/29/2015 september said:
On 1/29/2015 Dell said:

Probably most of the diseases that have been eradicated....would not have been, if everyone had had this attitude in the past.

Thank goodness people put themselves in harm's way to learn more about diseases...and many lost their own lives, as a result.

Thanks september. People did put themselves in harm's way to learn more and in the long run saved so many. The greater good.

Honored Contributor

The list is long, of the doctors and researchers who gave up their lives to find ways to benefit all of us. At the top of that list, I'll put Marie Curie.