Contributor

Please keep my son in your thoughts and prayers

We got the call yesterday, time to start the transplant evaluation process. They want to be ready when the time comes and his name goes on the list. Until the process it finished... right now they are looking at a lung(s) transplant. But it could change to a Heart & Lung(s) transplant.

His creatinine numbers are high due to all the medications he is on. If his kidneys/liver fail he won't be able to have a lung and/or heart & lung transplant.

We always knew the day would come but when the call comes it's a shock. I have to be strong for him and in front of him so if you don't mind I'd like to come here and talk once in a while.

I've told him not to worry about me. It's not about me. He's so worried about me. It's about him and him getting better. All his energy should be about him getting better and getting prepared for the evaluation process.

My heart hurts but I smile and tell him he has the best doctors and he's at one of the best hospitals in the U.S.

Thank you for listening.

If you could please keep him in your prayers and thoughts. TIA

Respected Contributor

Re: Please keep my son in your thoughts and prayers

Prayers have been sent. Please keep us updated, amiracleneeded.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

I will keep your son and your family in my prayers. Gloriajean has a prayer thread in among friends. She can put you on her prayer list.
Super Contributor

Prayers and good thoughts are being sent to your son and your family.

Respected Contributor

Wow! Stay strong. Prayers for a full recovery.
Frequent Contributor

Praying for your family.

Super Contributor

I hope everything turns out well. I wish you both all the best.

“There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.” Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Keeping him in my Prayers....

Honored Contributor

Sending prayers, blessings, strength and hope to your son and to you.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

God Bless you and your family.

Just to share: DH is the recipient of a kidney so, I know about the creatinine levels. He is a cancer survivor that caused one kidney to fail and then a few years later, the other. In order to prepare him for an eventual donor (he was first on a list that was 5 years long), the surgeons thought it best to remove the non-functioning kidneys. He went to dialysis three days a week for 4-5 hour sessions. He was not a candidate for peritoneal dialysis.

A miracle happened and a casual friend volunteered to be tested and found to match 5 out of 7 markers. We held our breath until the morning of the surgery, praying he would not back out. He did not! It's not as difficult now with all the advances.

DH got his kidney in October of 2006 and he just celebrated his 69th birthday a few weeks ago.

I KNOW YOUR SON IS GOING TO GO ON TO A FULL AND HEALTHY LIFE.

It is amazing to ready every day about the advances in organ transplantation.

I will be praying. YOU keep strong!