Super Contributor

Anyone Have Something Show Up After They were Looking For It

I know my title is vague, but had something happen twice in two days that seemed strange to me.

First, I was watching some old show and a lady was wearing a full apron while in the kitchen and I thought I'd like one when I'm cooking, especially for company when I might already be dressed for the occasion. I went to Amazon and of course there were a bunch, but just looked. Later that day I am at a very nice grocery and at the end of the register "Lo and Behold" are very nice full aprons on display and at a very reasonable price so I bought one.

The next day I am thinking about an old grease saver can that my grandmother use to have. They were very common in the late 40s I think. Hers sit right on her stove and when she would fry bacon, she would take the lid of the can off, pour in the drippings though a sieve that was part of the can and the little bits and pcs. would be on top. A few hours later I took my neighbor to a store that sells all sorts of things and again, right in the front sit this can!!!!

Both of the above incidents are for real so today I'm thinking about an old chest full of real money and have plans to go dig up my yard, lol.

Just thought it was strange to have that happen two days in a row.

VickiSmile

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Have Something Show Up After They were Looking For It

Lucky and strange! Now, about digging up your yard ....{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Super Contributor

On 1/28/2015 Preds said:

Lucky and strange! Now, about digging up your yard ....{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

LOL, can't anyways since the ground is frozen solid. Love your tagline btw.

Vicki{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Respected Contributor

Sometimes when you are focused intently on an item, your awareness level is raised to new heights. You may have seen those aprons or oil can many times, but since your awareness or frame of reference didn't include them---you just passed them by and not noticed them. This why when someone has a goal in mind ( but not the wheelbarrow filled with $ ), we often have them envision some object that encapsulates their goal. One fellow had a particular hood ornament as his vision and he was very active in pursuing his goal. Yes, he was successful.
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

One day I was putting on lotion and the lotion didn't really work well so I said out loud I wish I had some better lotion. The next day a cosmetics company sent me 4 free tubes of lotion. The ""universe""must have seen my dry alligator skin and tried to help.

Super Contributor

Love the replies, All of Them.

Jilkz your comment might be exactly right. Who knows. Pqfan I'm glad you got the lotion you wanted.

I just love it when things come together in a good way.

Vicki

Respected Contributor

On 1/28/2015 vickisok said:

Jilkz your comment might be exactly right. Who knows. Pqfan I'm glad you got the lotion you wanted.

Vicki

I tried saying out loud I want a good husband but nothing happened.It only works for lotion.{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor

On 1/28/2015 Pqfan said:

Vicki

I tried saying out loud I want a good husband but nothing happened.It only works for lotion.{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Maybe you should have said normal husband instead of good! {#emotions_dlg.devil2}{#emotions_dlg.w00t}{#emotions_dlg.laugh} JK! I got the good one.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

I lost one of my favorite gold earrings and I looked everywhere for weeks. I was really bummed that I did not find it. Several years later when I was having the kitchen floor redone, they pulled out the stove and there was my earring! When I sold my gold several years ago, I did not sell those earrings!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

On 1/28/2015 Preds said:
On 1/28/2015 Pqfan said:

Vicki

Maybe you should have said normal husband instead of good! {#emotions_dlg.devil2}{#emotions_dlg.w00t}{#emotions_dlg.laugh} JK! I got the good one.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}{#emotions_dlg.lol}