Regular Contributor

The Absolute Best Quote I Have Ever Seen Hands Down Bar None!

My goal is to build a life I don't need a vacation from.-Rob Hill Sr.

The first thing that comes to mind when reading this quote is 'why isn't this everyone's goal in life!?' We live in a society that accepts wasting the best years of our life doing things we don't enjoy doing, just so we can buy things we don't need and pay bills for places we call home but hardly ever stay in because we are always at work or out elsewhere. This is perhaps one of the most important quotes that people can come across and word needs to be spread that a life that you don't want or need a vacation from is actually available to all of us.

www.lovetravelquotes.com/2015/01/my-goal-is-to-build-life-i-dont-need.html

Honored Contributor

Re: The Absolute Best Quote I Have Ever Seen Hands Down Bar None!

Poor grammar.

Valued Contributor

i don't think that's possible. lol everyone needs a vacation every now and then.

i've even felt the need for a vacation after a vacation. lol

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Honored Contributor

It's the attitude of a beach bum.

Valued Contributor

That quote is very similar in meaning and significance to this one, attributed to Confucius:

"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. -- Oscar Wilde
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/27/2015 SuiGeneris said:

That quote is very similar in meaning and significance to this one, attributed to Confucius:

"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."

I love this. My last job wasn't a job because as hard as I worked I loved it. It became a part of my life that I still miss after being retired for fourteen years.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Super Contributor

Sorry, this is just too idealistic to apply to most people's lives. And there's nothing wrong with a vacation, a complete change of pace from what one is used to is often just what's needed.

Honored Contributor

I don't even understand that. Its something a confirmed workaholic or a lonely person would say. A rationale for an empty life. As someon who really does love her career and her job; I understand that my job cannot be my entire, regardless of how fulfilling it is. My mind and my body and my spirit NEED rest and leisure activity and FUN. Vacations are as important to health as food and excersize. I remember reading once that no one has ever heard anyone on their death bed say.........my only regret is that I didn't spend more hours at the office.
Honored Contributor

I completely agree with that. I am happy with myself and my life and my home. That said I am a homebody and nothing is as relaxing as being home. The stress of packing and traveling and staying at hotels, then having to come home, unpack, do laundry and have to go to work super stressed was never appealing to me. Would sooner just relax at home and really be relaxed.

Honored Contributor

On 1/28/2015 Pook said:

I completely agree with that. I am happy with myself and my life and my home. That said I am a homebody and nothing is as relaxing as being home. The stress of packing and traveling and staying at hotels, then having to come home, unpack, do laundry and have to go to work super stressed was never appealing to me. Would sooner just relax at home and really be relaxed.