Honored Contributor

Speaking of movies --- The Boy Next Door

DD saw this the other night. She's like me - she doesn't like violent movies. She's still shaken up by this! She said all of them left that night looking over their shoulders!

Apparently it's gaining a cult following, and everyone, including DD, says Ryan Guzman does a fantastic job as "The Boy," even stealing scenes from J Lo.

Not your typical J Lo movie - I like her and her movies, but I think I'll pass on this. If you like suspense you'll probably enjoy it. What do you think? Has anyone seen it?

Honored Contributor

Re: Speaking of movies --- The Boy Next Door

I've seen previews. It doesn't look like a movie I'd care for because I'm not a huge Jennifer Lopez fan. I didn't realize it was such a popular movie.

Regular Contributor

Not a jlo fan, she wears fur.
Honored Contributor

Saw it yesterday...some of the plot was a little contrived to me...but it was suspenseful and I think JLO can act...though I keep reading she can't. My DH enjoyed the movie as well. Sure will make you think.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

The movie we are wanting to see is Black or White with Kevin Costner. Looks great.

Honored Contributor

Is this the plot line....she's a teacher having se.x with a high school student?

Honored Contributor

On 1/25/2015 sidsmom said:

Is this the plot line....she's a teacher having se.x with a high school student?

Plot: She is separated from her husband...because he had an affair. He has moved out but still in she and her sons life...with hopes of getting back together.

A young man(20 years old) moves in next door to help care for his uncle who lives alone and is very ill.

The young man...is always wanting to help her and ingratiates himself as handy and helpful. He becomes obsessed with JLO though it is slow to show how much. He invites her over one night to help with a chicken dinner he is making and things get out of hand. He really forces what happens 5exually while being romantic. She wakes up the next day and says it was a mistake.

Oh yes it was...and what follows is bizarre.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

Looks too creepy for me.
Honored Contributor

The previews show he is in her class. Isn't 20 a little old for high school?

Respected Contributor

I want to see it....and I like JLo....I think she gets a bad rap. She's no Oscar winner, but I think she's talented.

We listen to the radio at work and I must have heard the commercial for that movie over 4000 times this weekend. Drove me nuts!

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy