Valued Contributor

Don't forget to check out the link below. http://lex18avl.com/additional-downton-abbey-vintage-banquets-february-2015/

The Asheville Southern Appalachian Restaurant, Moonshine Bar and Supper Club is drawing bigger crowds as the Masterpiece Theater series "Downton Abbey" becomes more popular. Lex18 hosts exclusive vintage costume dinner parties on Sunday nights, along with a viewing of the show.

Guests are invited to come dressed in the proper attire for the 1924-themed evening. Character actors from the show and the time period, including relatives of the Vanderbilts, host the party. A storyline they act out connects the Asheville dining setting to the events in the show. The entire menu, as well, is inspired by the early 20th century.
Owners at Lex18 had to add additional dates throughout the month of February because tickets sold out so fast.

For information, click here.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't know the first thing about dining protocol using over 5 pieces of cutlery.

Valued Contributor

Deep, rule of thumb is start from the outside and work your way in. Take cues from the host/hostess.

Super Contributor
5 courses with wine and cocktail hour for $83? I think thats reasonable.
Honored Contributor
On 1/25/2015 Marp2 said:

Deep, rule of thumb is start from the outside and work your way in. Take cues from the host/hostess.

In 6th grade we had an after school ballroom dancing and etiquette class. We learned outside-in and then above the platter.

Respected Contributor
Those dining establishment owners must be brilliant to capitalize on the popularity of Downton Abbey. January is a slow month for most restaurants so they found a way to improve their bottom line. Sounds like fun.
Trusted Contributor

So cool ~ would love to take part m'lady!!!! Wish they did this near me ~

Valued Contributor

Don't forget to use the fork in your left hand and knife in the right hand. Difficult if you are not left handed.

Honored Contributor

I sounds wonderful! I would be making reservations immediately if I didn't have to travel that far

The price is unbelievably low!

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor
I would LOVE to do something like this!
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero