Super Contributor

It's coming!

Hope you have some extra food and supplies on hand!

Respected Contributor

Re: Blizzard for NYC and Boston

Do you listen to Barry Burbank, SnowPink? He is the best New England meterologist in a very long time. I believe he will be giving the weather tonight on WBZ-4 and will be listening. When everyone gets it wrong, Barry Burbank gets it right. He should be their chief meteorologist.

Respected Contributor

Three days is a nice warning to stock up! We already did our shopping last week.

Super Contributor

Keep rubbing it in!!

Trusted Contributor

Good luck everyone in the Northeast. I'm in Phoenix with the Super Bowl coming this week. Winter is our lovely time of year. They are ""complaining"" here because it might be rainy and in the low 70's for next weekend. Whoever comes here will be glad of that compared to what they are leaving behind.

I grew up in the Midwest and know how violent winter storms can be. We used to get drifts in our driveway up to the roof.

Be safe and know your friends around the country are thinking of you.

Super Contributor

On 1/25/2015 BonnieBelle said:

Keep rubbing it in!!

It NEEDS to be rubbed in! People NEED to be told what to do before every weather event? What happened to basic everyday common sense provisioning? Sad!

Respected Contributor

On 1/25/2015 LyndaGee said:

Three days is a nice warning to stock up! We already did our shopping last week.

We didn't have 3 days to stock up....as of last night this wasn't happening. We were only supposed to get about 6 inches of snow.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Respected Contributor

Lotus: Our Mailperson told us yesterday there was going to be a snowstorm on Tues. Don't know where he heard about it.

Respected Contributor

Lynda are you near Long Island?

I swear, as of last night I had heard nothing about this......opened my computer at 630a and thought I was in the Twilight Zone.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Respected Contributor

Lotus: Yes, we're in Southwestern CT. Looks like it's the 24 -36 inch zone. Yuk