Esteemed Contributor

Who's in the track of the armaggedon snow?

We are under a Winter storm warning with snow starting tonight into Tues morning. The first is a clipper of 2 to 4 (tonight into Monday), THEN it will intensify and wrap around for a POSSIBLE foot (or more) Monday night into Tuesday with high winds, blowing and drifting with blizzard conditions. And PS) more snow Thursday to Friday.

What's weird is the line is right over us, so I hope it blows a few miles over toward the east..lol..but its doubtful.

Who's in the same boat?

PSS) I think we are going to head to a movie shortly since we haven't been to a movie since Christmas week (due to being sick, and weather), and then make a grocery stop in case we cant get out Wed for our regular shopping day. (Rather safe than sorry).

Be safe all and think SPRING! :-)

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

Re: Who's in the track of the armaggedon snow?

We are supposed to get 8 to 14 inches. Snack time!

Respected Contributor

To be honest, I haven't been paying too much attention yet. We're a tab north east of Pittsburgh and our forecasts have been off. Example, Friday night we were supposed to have a dusting and ended up with two inches.

This AM we had misty rain which has turned into light snow, but its not accumulating as surface temps are seem too warm. If it stays like this (fingers crossed) the road crews will be able to keep up with it.

Honored Contributor

Southern NJ here and depending on which forecast/projection you believe we could get anywhere from nothing to twenty-six inches Monday through Tuesday. I'm pretty sure we'll get something in that range.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Sure it's a lot of projected snowfall but nowhere close to Armageddon.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

I believe I am, but I couldn't catch a full weather report. They like to hold you hostage with a tease at the start of the broadcast but the full story halfway through. There's at least one big blizzard every winter, so I don't get the hysteria about even the recent storm that brings 6". One late March storm dumped so much snow on us that my neighbor was walking down our street and didn't realize at first that he was walking top of my car. Still, we were only stuck inside for a day and a half. That does not justify the hysteria of the news crews and weather forecasters.

Regular Contributor

shorty,

Please tell me Michigan is not included in this storm watch.

I haven't heard anything, but we all know weather casters sometimes are not correct.......{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

Hmm, also SJ here (Burlington County). NBC 10 (Philly) weather is still not sure if this is going to be a Nor'easter or not. They say "stay tuned."

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

Shorty, we're west of you and yes, the forecasters are calling for snow tonight into Monday and then again Monday into Tuesday.

We have a local storm chasing team here and they are trying to keep everyone updated via Facebook. They are usually "right on" with their predictions, and it looks like a lot of white stuff headed our way.

Honored Contributor

On 1/25/2015 gardenman said: Southern NJ here and depending on which forecast/projection you believe we could get anywhere from nothing to twenty-six inches Monday through Tuesday. I'm pretty sure we'll get something in that range.

Oh my! I haven't heard anywhere near 26 inches! Guess I'd better put the TV on.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986