Respected Contributor

2pct milk, cold coffee, frozen bananas, peanut butter, dark cocoa powder and steel cut oats equals -

Today's smoothie {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} So, drunk up ! It is yummy. At work it would be almond milk but we had 2pct here. Wouldn't even need the milk but I had some I wanted to use up.

Very filling, by the way.

Here, sprinkle with a tiny bit of flax seed !

And cinnamon !

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 2pct milk, cold coffee, frozen bananas, peanut butter, dark cocoa powder and steel cut oats equals -

Banana + peanut butter + oats ?

How many carbs in that healthy glass?

Respected Contributor

Re: 2pct milk, cold coffee, frozen bananas, peanut butter, dark cocoa powder and steel cut oats equals -

I don't know. It made about six glasses, one T pb, a splash of oats, two bananas.

I don't have any weight issues or sugar issues but for those who must count carbs, one would need to do the math I suppose.

Or eat a Krispy Kreme donut !

Honored Contributor

Hi minky! This also equals a great nutrient dense human survival kit.
hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

Sorry, doesn't sound appealing. I like all the ingredients, but it sounds like oatmeal in a blender.

Respected Contributor

Hi John ! SO good to see you.

Jules, with regular oats it would be but not steel cut.

Respected Contributor

On 1/24/2015 hckynut said: Hi minky! This also equals a great nutrient dense human survival kit.

Honored Contributor

Are the steel cut oats cooked? There's a commercial that comes to mind where the woman says Jake (the shake) sounds hideous. :-)
Respected Contributor

On 1/24/2015 tansy said: Are the steel cut oats cooked? There's a commercial that comes to mind where the woman says Jake (the shake) sounds hideous. :-)

No, they are raw. Sorta like grinding up almonds in a smoothie. Can't even tell they are there except for the nutrients.

Respected Contributor

I love the Jake commercial.

Nothing I named is hideous in my world, however.

All good, healthy foods.