Super Contributor

Family Dollar and Dollar Tree are now emerged. Who knows how it will work out but I for one like both stores for "junky value". Dollar Tree is the best for cards, wrapping paper, etc. and sometimes you can get a bargain at F.M. I just hope "Dollar Tree" remains the same - One dollar for pretty good stuff!

Respected Contributor

Was in Dollar Tree today, bought 18 bucks worth of stuff. Love it! I, too, hope it doesn't change.

Esteemed Contributor

I read somewhere that the best "bargains" in Dollar Tree are cleaning items. I have bought a few "swiffer-like" dusters and love them. I also don't need Rx glasses anymore since I had my cataracts removed and I get the nicest readers at Dollar Tree. I was paying $5 for them at Publix and I discovered them at DT. Now, I have at least a dozen pair all over the house.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} We have a Dollar Tree and Dollar General right next to each other. Can't beat it with a stick.

Honored Contributor

It's a bitter merger....hopefully they'll resolve this soon. All these 'dollars'...all 8.5 billion of them! Zowie!

Trusted Contributor

I like the SOS-type pads that are sold at the Dollar Tree, along with the "eraser-type" cleaning sponges.

I also like to shop in their office supply section. I buy my pens and mechanical pencils there, and buy large mailing envelopes there, too.

Super Contributor
On 1/22/2015 sidsmom said:

It's a bitter merger....hopefully they'll resolve this soon. All these 'dollars'...all 8.5 billion of them! Zowie!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sorry, As the OP I thought it was a done deal.

Valued Contributor
Love Dollar Tree! As mentioned, great prices on wrapping paper, cards, cleaning supplies, office supplies.....pretty much everything! Hope nothing changes if a merger happens.
Honored Contributor

route7: I'm the one to apologize!! It IS a done deal. Sorry!!

Respected Contributor
On 1/22/2015 Seattlegirl98026 said: Love Dollar Tree! As mentioned, great prices on wrapping paper, cards, cleaning supplies, office supplies.....pretty much everything! Hope nothing changes if a merger happens.

I agree. I've never been to a Family Dollar store

Super Contributor

One of my recent guilty pleasure has been to watch Dollar Tree "hauls" and reviews on YouTube...there are so many! I like to see what other ladies purchase and recommend. There are items at the DT I did not even know they sold! I have been purchasing some great things recently (name brand products...Infusium 23 leave-in conditioner, South Beach protein bars).