New Contributor
Does anyone else mind that all of the Christmas decorations are gone on the shopping channels the day after Christmas?
Esteemed Contributor

I don't, but then you know they've got to move ahead to "New Year, New You." {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Honored Contributor

They've been up since July.

Super Contributor
On 12/26/2014 brii said:

They've been up since July.

exactly!!!! i don't mind at all.

mine have been up since the first week in december - and they will be put away sunday.

hope you had a merry christmas brii!! Happy Holiday's!!!!

Honored Contributor
I don't mind at all. I'm taking our tree down this morning.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

The holiday season isn't even over yet. What about Epiphany and Russian Christmas?? The decorations go up way too early then poof! They should at least keep them up until New Years.

Honored Contributor

Shes, we had a great Christmas. Thanks.

We usually keep the tree up for the New Year.

Honored Contributor
They go up to early and get taken away too early. Christmas just started.
Honored Contributor

I will admit that the sets on the Q look a bit stark. I can't put my finger on it - is it the missing Christmas décor or a new set?

When I was growing up, all Christmas decorations and exterior lighting stayed up until the Epiphany.

When I moved into the neighborhood that I live in now, I noticed people stop turning on the exterior lights immediately after Christmas, especially if the weather is mild enough to accommodate removal of the lights without freezing to death.

As I get older, I can appreciate the outdoor light thing, although I will probably keep mine going until New Years Eve at least.

Indoor (trees and décor) stay up until the Epiphany or MLK holiday as my employer gives me that day off. With the long weekend mid January, I have time to take the décor down and still have a weekend.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor
Don't mind that TV shopping has moved on. Soon they will be selling spring/summer flowers and garden equipment not to mention capris and crop pants (sigh). As for me, my Christmas decorations will be put away before New Years. Like to start New Year fresh.