Regular Contributor

To Grandmother's House We Go: Traveling To Them or They Traveling To You?

To Grandmother's House....... So Begins The Busy Week Of Travel. Is Your Family Coming Home or Are You Going To Their House. May Everyone Have Safe Travels This Week. Merry Christmas!
Honored Contributor

Re: To Grandmother's House We Go: Traveling To Them or They Traveling To You?

Small families on both my and my husband's side. Everyone is local except my nephew who is coming from California.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Frequent Contributor

We are all local so no traveling for my family.

Honored Contributor

No travel plans this year.

Honored Contributor

DD is coming in for Christmas Eve and then headed further South. She won't take me with her! Varmint. LOL Mom will come here to see her and then we'll spend Christmas Day with DHs' family across town. Somewhere in between I'll visit with my dad. Safe travels ( even across the street) and Happy Memories to everyone.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Super Contributor

Neither. Just the 4 of us. My family 700 miles to the west his 700 to the east, well usually just 450 but they went to his sisters so they are even further away this next week. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

I actually enjoy our little holidays with just the 4 of us. We do what we want. When we want. And no hauling gifts across the country. Either by land. Or air.

Respected Contributor

the kids and grandkids come here..........but that's so for all the holidays........but for us it's easy, we all live in the same city..........................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

We only have to travel about 2 miles - I am taking ham & sweetpotato casserole and plan on them being perfectly hot when we get there.

Regular Contributor

I usually go to my childrens' homes for Christmas and bring all the presents for my grandchildren.

this year a big snowstorm is predicted so it might just be me and my husband at home!

Respected Contributor

We're going to my in-law's home in Middletown, CT. It's about an hour away, if traffic cooperates.