Regular Contributor

Ham, Turkey, Prime Rib, Lamb, Lobster, etc. etc....Tell Me About Your "Holiday Meal"!!

Hi All:

Who's cooking what for the Holidays?? Whatever day, whatever you celebrate, whatever you get pre-cooked from your favorite grocery store; share it here! Always like to hear from all of you.

I'm thinking of ditching the protein (along with a few family members) and heading straight to the wine food group this year...way less stressful, and a lot more fun {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Of course I made a few things to take other places, but if I had to pick from the above, I'd say a lobster tail with a side of garlic-infused prime rib, horseradish on the side. Main course only....the sides are another story.

How about you? Go ahead...make my day!!

Happy Holidays All!

alex

Honored Contributor

Re: Ham, Turkey, Prime Rib, Lamb, Lobster, etc. etc....Tell Me About Your "Holiday Meal"!!

Prime rib and steamed snow crab legs being served as entrees at my brother's home this year. My contribution is to the dessert table: Candied pecans and maple walnut fudge.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ham, Turkey, Prime Rib, Lamb, Lobster, etc. etc....Tell Me About Your "Holiday Meal"!!

Hi, Alex! I've ordered a small prime rib from the butcher and a humongous chocolate and coffee buche Noel log from the bakery. Gives you an idea of my priorities, huh? I think we'll do baked potatoes and haricot verts. No Yorkshire pudding this yearSmiley Happy
Respected Contributor

HI Alex! I am making roast beef and I have to go get my laundry out.

Honored Contributor

Doing a prime rib roast for the very first time here and serving it with rosemary/garlic roasted baby red potatoes. Having a citrus salad as the appetizer and serving for dessert - at least 7 kinds of home baked cookies!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

On Christmas Eve our family always has prime rib and usually crab legs or lobster. I am cooking with the help of my family. This year is crab legs and Tansy's buche noel sounds so good. I love those!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

Its going to be a surprise because for the first time in ages I'm not cooking

I was told not to bring anything but I'll make a pie.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Regular Contributor

On 12/21/2014 deepwaterdotter said:

Prime rib and steamed snow crab legs being served as entrees at my brother's home this year. My contribution is to the dessert table: Candied pecans and maple walnut fudge.

If I pass on the dessert, could I double up on the entrée? That is so up my alley, sigh...

Not that the pecans wouldn't be, deep. Can you save me 3 or 4, or 10 or 20? It all sounds too good...Enjoy!

Super Contributor

I've never cooked prime rib in my life. Only eaten it out. Maybe I should try . . . but I should probably try the first time when it isn't a major holiday meal in case it turns out badly. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

On 12/21/2014 tansy said: Hi, Alex! I've ordered a small prime rib from the butcher and a humongous chocolate and coffee buche Noel log from the bakery. Gives you an idea of my priorities, huh? I think we'll do baked potatoes and haricot verts. No Yorkshire pudding this yearSmiley Happy

Pudding, schmudding, tansy....double up on the prime rib for me and prep your guest room!

You do have a guest room, correct??{#emotions_dlg.blush}