Esteemed Contributor

Car ads at Christmas (tie in to gift)

Every year when I see the new car ads on tv at Christmas time I say to my husband, Who gets a new car for Christmas? The Trumps? Celebrities?

And he says well someone must buy them because they have enough ads on for them at Christmas.

(And PS. I love the new car ads with Skeletor, Gem, etc. all of which my kids used to play with when they were young).

Well on my facebook today I see a friend got a brand new car from her husband as an early Christmas gift. So I guess it happens. lol.

Personally I wouldn't want a car for Christmas (I barely drive anymore). Plus we have a newer car.

But I guess its not just the rich that buy them for Christmas gifts.

PS) I was also telling my good friend (while on the phone w her today) and she said her daughter in law bought her son a new car for Christmas one year.

Have YOU ever gotten a new car for Christmas?

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Re: Car ads at Christmas (tie in to gift)

I have never received a car as a gift. I'm picky up my cars and would be leery about someone buying me a car as a gift.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

It was not a Christmas present but I picked up a new car last week. It's a great time to get a 2014 leftover.

Respected Contributor

Yes, well I got the money for one at Christmas. I went car shopping on my own. It was a 1997 Honda Accord EX with all the "trimmings" at that time. Bordeaux Red. I'll always remember that car, and driving it home from the dealer. It was my first "grown up" car. I had settled into a great job, nice apt, and this was just a great surprise. Smiley Happy
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Esteemed Contributor

I have had many new cars...but not as a gift.....

I worked with a woman who received a car for Christmas.....with a huge red bow on it...just like you see in those ads....we all congratulated her...then she said he gave her the car payment book....she had to pay for the car...what a jerk...what a let down...I am surprised she told us...maybe she had to vent...poor thing...

Super Contributor

Great time to buy a car. Especially Dec 30 & 31st. While after Christmas, it is still a great month to buy a car. That & July too for model year changeover.

Super Contributor

On 12/20/2014 Shorty2U said:

(And PS. I love the new car ads with Skeletor, Gem, etc. all of which my kids used to play with when they were young).

I do like Skeletor in the Honda ads - lol. Yes, a memory of my son with him.

I never received a car for Christmas.

Anyone receive one of these?........Image result for toy yoda

Esteemed Contributor

Many professionals receive their end of year performance bonus or profit sharing this time of year.

My ex had such a position and we did shop Lexus one year for Christmas. Didn't buy but yes, there are those who do.

Respected Contributor

I was always wondering where they got those giant red bows to put on top of the cars in those ads. I guess they had them made lol
Honored Contributor

On 12/20/2014 Pqfan said: I was always wondering where they got those giant red bows to put on top of the cars in those ads. I guess they had them made lol

Computer-generated?