Honored Contributor

Have you tried....Arm Knitting?

This piqued my interest. Unfortunately, the scarves are pretty chunky, but that could be 'thinned down' with a lighter yarn, yes? I'm not a knitter but I figured...even I could do THAT!! Fun project on a slow day.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Trusted Contributor

Re: Have you tried....Arm Knitting?

That is ADORABLE. What a novel idea. I must show my mother. THANKS for sharing!

Valued Contributor

sounds like fun and that is cute might be tiring

Esteemed Contributor

The scarf is chunky but I might check that out after the holidays, so thanks for posting.

I used to knit when I was young (All those hippy knitted products.lol). But I haven't knitted in years.

This is funny. I bought a kit a few years back called knit wit (yeah for nit wits like me.lol) to make knitting easier. I opened it, looked at it 15 minutes, and gave up! Its up in the closet.

But recently I have been thinking of looking at videos on you tube to refresh my knitting memory.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Valued Contributor

My niece made me three beautiful scarves in no time, I love these and would love to learn to make them.
Trusted Contributor

I think it's very novel and beautiful. It would probably be therapeutic for someone that needs to strengthen their arms, (post-stroke, break, etc). Thanks for posting!

Respected Contributor

Was at a craft show a few weeks back, and these were for sale for $50 each! I liked them, but not enough to pay $50.

I also understand there are how-to's on youtube.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Super Contributor

Interesting. I'll have to share with my daughter. She is self-taught in knitting and crocheting. I learned a long time ago when I was a kid from my grandmother and great-grandmother . . . but I was a lefty so was a little harder to figure out and I didn't keep up with it. A year or so ago, I gave my daughter ALL of my grandmothers knitting needles and crochet hooks . . . there were a lot of them . . . antiques now I'd guess, so nice she has her great-grandmother's needles .. . she stores/displays them on a shelf in her bedroom in three different sizes/colors of vases from Anthropologie. She's made little headbands/ear warmers for friends at college and scarves for my sister . . . scarves for her self . . . she even made me some finger-less gloves, well the tips are missing and matching scarf. I guess she finds it relaxing from the stress of exams & studying. That & coloring on occasion. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Honored Contributor

On 12/20/2014 lacey1 said:

I think it's very novel and beautiful. It would probably be therapeutic for someone that needs to strengthen their arms, (post-stroke, break, etc). Thanks for posting!

What a lovely idea for therapeutic reasons!! My mom, who is 91 & in a nursing home, loved crocheting. I checked...there's 'Finger Crocheting'! Have to see if she would like to learn that....nice idea.

Honored Contributor

On 12/20/2014 Qwackertoo said:

Interesting. I'll have to share with my daughter. She is self-taught in knitting and crocheting. I learned a long time ago when I was a kid from my grandmother and great-grandmother . . . but I was a lefty so was a little harder to figure out and I didn't keep up with it. A year or so ago, I gave my daughter ALL of my grandmothers knitting needles and crochet hooks . . . there were a lot of them . . . antiques now I'd guess, so nice she has her great-grandmother's needles .. . she stores/displays them on a shelf in her bedroom in three different sizes/colors of vases from Anthropologie. She's made little headbands/ear warmers for friends at college and scarves for my sister . . . scarves for her self . . . she even made me some finger-less gloves, well the tips are missing and matching scarf. I guess she finds it relaxing from the stress of exams & studying. That & coloring on occasion. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Stress-buster, for sure. My sweet departed sissy, when going through chemo, knitted up a storm. I remember her saying..."If someone gave me some steel wool, I would knit them a car!" Gad, I miss her...thanks for giving me that memory!