Honored Contributor

You are being sued by the IRS.

This is a call I got today. Foreign accent: You are being sued by the IRS you must call us back at 202-559-7564.

I found this info(sometimes the internet is a good thing:

LINK

Ex of one person who got this same call:Just got the "IRS is filing lawsuit message" for 202-559-7564 number and called them back to see what happened. Guy with heavy foreign accent starts through script, even gives a badge number and claims you owe back taxes. Says you have to take care of debt immediately...that's when my patient wore out and I hung up. BIG SCAM!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Super Contributor

Re: You are being sued by the IRS.

Hi Naughty: DH received one the other day. Unfortunately some will buy into it.

Honored Contributor

On 12/18/2014 Cakers1 said:

Hi Naughty: DH received one the other day. Unfortunately some will buy into it.

lol...for about one second I was then I got my sense back and checked it out.

Honored Contributor

I got a call from a man speaking very broken English telling me he needed to get control of my computer to repair damage from a virus. I told him that I didn't understand what he was saying and hung up.

Trusted Contributor

A friend of mine had this call but the caller added that an agent would be at her house in an hour to arrest her. My friend said OK, she would be waiting for the agent to arrest her but he should knock loudly on the door because the doorbell was not working. The person got very angy and yelled at her and said do you think this is a joke - she said no, she thought it was a scam. That got rid of the "agent".

Esteemed Contributor

The IRS doesn't need to ""sue"".

I never answer a # I don't recognize.

Trusted Contributor

Another good line is to tell them you will turn yourself in at the local police department and the ""agent"" can meet you there.

Super Contributor

On 12/18/2014 deepwaterdotter said:

I got a call from a man speaking very broken English telling me he needed to get control of my computer to repair damage from a virus. I told him that I didn't understand what he was saying and hung up.

LOL! I got this phony phone call today! I asked him to please speak ENGLISH....I asked him was he calling from India? He hung up on me. I wonder how many people fall for this scam and give them a credit card #?
Honored Contributor

I hope nobody would fall for this craziness. The IRS has no need to contact anyone through a call center, lol.

Honored Contributor

On 12/18/2014 naturalfan said:

Another good line is to tell them you will turn yourself in at the local police department and the ""agent"" can meet you there.

Your answers are soo funny natural. haha

So true the IRS doesn't need to sue snowpuppy.

Great answer deep...lol