Honored Contributor

Billy Joe Shaver & Willie Nelson on the Letterman Show

Did anyone else see it? I loved it! They sang a great song, Hard To Be An Outlaw.

Love Willie Nelson. I never heard of Billy Joe Shaver before, but I sure like him. He's 75 now, Willie is 81. I read Billy's life story on Wiki and it sounds like a sad country music tale. Wonderful!

Here's the video from last night for anyone who wants to see the performance:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/watch-willie-nelson-and-billy-joe-shaver-bring-outlaw-spir...

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

Re: Billy Joe Shaver & Willie Nelson on the Letterman Show

Noel, have you ever listened to Willie's album of the old standards? It is named Stardust. I love him on that one. Much better than Rod Stewart or some of the other folks that have attempted albums of the old stuff. Lori Morgan did one years ago too. I have it and it is wonderful.

Honored Contributor

On 12/18/2014 cody2 said:

Noel, have you ever listened to Willie's album of the old standards? It is named Stardust. I love him on that one. Much better than Rod Stewart or some of the other folks that have attempted albums of the old stuff. Lori Morgan did one years ago too. I have it and it is wonderful.

I have and I loved it, cody! I haven't heard it in a long time, time to look for some of those on youtube if they have them. All Of Me, Georgia On My Mind...

I'm a Willie Nelson fan from way back Smile

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Trusted Contributor

Love them both! BJ has been around for a long long time and sometimes looks like he's been rode hard and put up wet, but he's really really cool! And Willie...well, he's just Willie!