Honored Contributor

Does Anyone Collect Christmas Village Pieces?

I've always loved looking at them but I don't really know much about them. I discovered Michael's a couple of years ago and bought one piece and then another, along with little accessories like kids with their mom, police sharing donuts. I got the tea shop and then a diner, all with a 50s look.

Granted, the ones at Michael's aren't the best made, but I really enjoy them, all set out as a village scene with little lights.

What I'd really like is a Dickensian scene, but with all our other decorations, I'd have to add another room to the house, LOL.

Anyone else?

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Collect Christmas Village Pieces?

I literally have a basement full of them. My mom easily had 75 to 100 pieces, plus accessories.

They're beautiful, but I don't have the patience to pull them out and display them.

I have a couple of my own that I put out. I have a church that I absolutely love.

They're not Dickens. They're actual Snow Village pieces.

Honored Contributor

On 12/18/2014 brii said:

I literally have a basement full of them. My mom easily had 75 to 100 pieces, plus accessories.

They're beautiful, but I don't have the patience to pull them out and display them.

I have a couple of my own that I put out. I have a church that I absolutely love.

Wow! Did she have different themes for that many? How wonderful {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

I totally understand that it would be a lot of work, not to mention a lot of room, to go through them and construct a village.

What's your church like?

Esteemed Contributor

Started collecting the Lenox Miseltoe Village pieces a few years ago. Had so many I didn't have room to display them all at once. This year I decided to change up some holiday decor and use the sofa table I had been displaying them on for something else. So, I listed them on EBAY and sold almost every one. There are 3 that did not sell so I will resist them next fall and see if I can get rid of them.
Honored Contributor

Noel - Love your sig line! So cute, and that's coming from a chicken! Smiley Happy

I don't decorate anymore and I'm not familiar with this line, but it reminded me of some porcelain ornaments I've had for years that I wish I had somebody to pass them down to. They are Normal Rockwell (official) ornaments - each one a 3D scene, so they're kind of heavy and each one came in its own box. They cost around $200 at the time- decades ago. They were quite lovely.

Honored Contributor

ps Is Snow Village the Department 56? I've only seen them online, but my understanding is that those are top quality.

I wish I could see them in person at a shop, they must be wonderful.

Honored Contributor

My church has a steeple. The building is white and it has a green roof. There are 5 stain glass windows on each side of the church. There are a couple steps leading up to the front door. There is a large green tree on the right side in the back. The name of the church is on the box. I don't recall offhand what it's called.

My mom loves Christmas and Christmas decorations. She went all out every year and collected those pieces for many years. They're all Snow Village pieces. Some are very traditional and some are a little whimsical.

Honored Contributor

Snow Village is Dept. 56, yes.

Honored Contributor

(picture too big)

Honored Contributor

On 12/18/2014 chickenbutt said:

Noel - Love your sig line! So cute, and that's coming from a chicken! Smiley Happy

I don't decorate anymore and I'm not familiar with this line, but it reminded me of some porcelain ornaments I've had for years that I wish I had somebody to pass them down to. They are Normal Rockwell (official) ornaments - each one a 3D scene, so they're kind of heavy and each one came in its own box. They cost around $200 at the time- decades ago. They were quite lovely.

I'm glad you like it, CB, I really got a kick out of the sig line {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Wow, $200 each at the time, what a treasure, they have to be wonderful! I understand not decorating, it's a lot of work. I hope you're feeling OK enough to enjoy the holidays, my friend {#emotions_dlg.wub}