Frequent Contributor

NESPRESSO COFFEE.ESPRESSO MACHINE

My husband & I were running errands yesterday & had to go into Williams Sonoma - they were demonstrating the Nespresso coffee machine. We both had a cup - my husband said "this is the BEST coffee I have ever had". He asked what the foam on top of the coffee was & I explained that it was the crema, which is formed by the machine. it is a combination of the pressure & temperature created by the machine during the brewing process. He asked the sales associate who was promoting the machine about this & she said the same thing. We ended up buying it! We have a Keurig that we use on occasion & a 12 cup Cuisinart that we use daily. The Nespresso does use pods & the machine we bought will make coffee or espresso. The machine reads the bar code which is in the crimp of the pod so that it automatically knows which type of coffee to make. The espresso pods are smaller in depth than the pods for regular coffee. You can take your used pods to Williams Sonoma & they act as a recycle center for them. The difference between this coffee & a Keurig is like drinking sawdust to the finest coffee you have ever had!! The associate was very informative about the coffee, where it is sourced, etc. There were brocheures (like small) books explaining the machine & the coffee. If anyone is looking for a One & Done coffee and/or espresso machine, this is the one!! The coffee is FABULOUS! The machine was $299 & Nespresso gives a $100 credit toward the purchase of the pods. Williams Sonoma gave a $30 credit that can be used in their store. We registered the machine online with Nespresso this morning & ordered our first shipment of pods. They have already shipped! There is a variety of coffee & espresso! There is a frother you can buy separately, I already have a frother, so I didn't need it. I made my own lattes this morning & they were the BEST! 12 pods come with the machine, I used the espresso pods to make my lattes (I frothed the milk with my frother)!

Respected Contributor

Re: NESPRESSO COFFEE.ESPRESSO MACHINE

Nespresso shops have been around for a while now. Guess it's new 2 U?

High end of the 'pod' machines.

Frequent Contributor

On 12/18/2014 Skylands said:

Nespresso shops have been around for a while now. Guess it's new 2 U?

High end of the 'pod' machines.

Yes, it is new to me. On the Nespresso website it has a list of store locations - there are only 34 actual Nespresso store locations in the US. My state does not have one - I am sure many stores sell them, we just happened to be in Williams Sonoma. My brother bought his directly from their website. He said his friends bought directly from their website as well. I also noticed that this particular model is new, it is the Vertuoline. I guess Oprah just found out about the Nespresso Vertuoline as well as she put it on her 2014 10 best things list this year.

Respected Contributor

That's wonderful that you found the machine of your dreams! Enjoy your gourmet coffee!

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

Oh, I really want one of these. I have a Tassimo. Once that stops working I'll get a Nespresso. Unless by that time something else comes out that's better. Enjoy it!

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Frequent Contributor

On 12/18/2014 Christmas Balls said:

Oh, I really want one of these. I have a Tassimo. Once that stops working I'll get a Nespresso. Unless by that time something else comes out that's better. Enjoy it!

You will not be disappointed! We had not been in Williams Sonoma in probably 6 years, I needed a new dish soap container & that is why we went there. It was pure coincidence that they were demonstrating the Nespresso! I didn't know my brother had the espresso one for two years until I told him we had just bought the Vertuoline! We had no intention of buying a coffee machine - until we sampled the coffee!! It is Fabulous!! You will not regret buying it!! We are giving the Keurig away & good riddance to it! Thank you Christmas Balls!!!

Honored Contributor

Yesterday i was in the flagship store of Macy's in Herald Square. In the Cellar they had numerous Nespresso stations set up. It is true, the machine makes an excellent cup of espresso with crema. I could have drunk myself from one end of the floor to the other. Coincidentally, the line for the ladies' room was 20-30 deep.

Valued Contributor

I got my Nespresso from Qvc about a year ago and I still use the frother everyday.I broke my machine and will get another one from the Kohls' website.

Super Contributor

They have these in the rooms at The Chatham Bars Inn in Chatham, MA. I agree, they make amazing cups of coffee. I think they would have noticed it I'd smuggled it out. Wink

Esteemed Contributor

YOu won't be sorry. They are good machines. I have bought my mother two Keurigs within 2 yrs because she loved the ease of them and each machine quit working within a year. I bought her last one as one of her Christmas presents last year and it stopped working in Nov. I paid almost $200 for the last one and to have 2 stop working within a year is just not acceptable. I won't purchase anything of theirs again. I just got her a Nespresso last month and she is loving it.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK