Honored Contributor

Christmas- ok, this won't be popular

And you can bash me or pelt me with olives if you want to, but is anyone besides me about ready for Christmas to be over? I know, I know, it's not even here yet. I know!

I've got everything done. Shopping is done. Out of town packages mailed weeks ago. Everything is wrapped. Cards have been sent. Baked for the two neighbors and gave them all that this past Sunday. Tree went up the other day. Did the charity things we'd planned on doing. Grocery shopped this morning and bought all the non-perishable stuff we'd need for Christmas dinner and cheeses, cream, etc.

So, I'm done with all the "stuff" and aside from picking up a ham on the 24th, Christmas could be tomorrow. I'm all ready. No stress at all actually, but I'm ready for a calm January. Looking forward to being with my family Christmas Day and my husband's family on the 26th, but we suffered the loss of my last remaining aunt last week and I'm still grieving for that. We were very close. My family is very small and the numbers are dwindling rapidly. I know that the loss we suffered is part of the reason for how I'm feeling.

Anyway, we'll have a great Christmas, I'm sure of it, but I'm ready for some down time.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Re: Christmas- ok, this won't be popular

I'm not ready for Christmas to be over, but I'm rapidly getting 'shopped out'. LOL. I'm ready to celebrate the day as intended, but I'm done with the shopping/traffic/spending, etc.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Esteemed Contributor

I am ready to spend a relaxing day with my daughter & grandkids. All my gifts are wrapped and ready to go.

Honored Contributor

On 12/18/2014 Topaz Gem said:

I'm not ready for Christmas to be over, but I'm rapidly getting 'shopped out'. LOL. I'm ready to celebrate the day as intended, but I'm done with the shopping/traffic/spending, etc.

I know what you mean. I'm a shopper, but I'm all shopped out!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Valued Contributor

I think many people who have endured the loss of family members find Christmas a struggle; I know I do. I go through the motions because it's expected of me, but that's about all.

And to make matters worse, I'm in charge of all the Christmas-related stuff at work, and believe me, if I'm anything other than relentlessly perky, I hear about it.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Honored Contributor

I'm not ready for it to be over at all. I really hate the doldrums that follow in the weeks and months after Christmas. And, of course, the dreadful winter weather that's soon to come.

Esteemed Contributor

I think the week building up before the day is the best part of the season, even back when I was a kid. The day itself often becomes chaotic, frantic and doesn't always live up to expectatons. The 26th I find downright dreary or depressing. That's why I enjoy this one week before.

Respected Contributor

I'm sick of shopping and the crowds and the traffic. I am looking forward to Christmas though.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

NM

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Trusted Contributor

I'm feeling an impending sense of doom as the "day" approaches. I'm not sure why, but it's an eerie feeling. I'm looking forward to seeing family and all. It's just all the traveling and getting things ready.

I'm so sorry about your loss. I could see how that would affect your feelings this holiday.