Super Contributor

Doesn't mean you should do it. What is a good example of that today. I'm thinking of the new movie The Interview which is causing a lot of uproar even before they can premier it. Does this saying apply here? Do you know of any other instances where this applies?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Just because you can do it

Obviously, I haven't seen The Interview, but I've never found Seth Rogen to be funny...Maybe if I were a 13-year-old boy?? I did see his interview with Stephen Colbert, and he really did seem like an awkward adolescent with the most annoying laugh.

So...My point is: Why in the world would anyone, least of all North Korea, take him seriously? Okay, probably because Kim Jong Un has the brain of a 13-year-old adolescent boy (with my sincere apologies to all teenage boys).

Despite all that, I don't believe in censorship, and I hate to see anyone kowtow to North Korea. However, in the interest of public safety, maybe filmmakers should think twice about what they put out there. This mess is sure costing them a bundle.

Respected Contributor

Remember when Rushdie wrote his book and had to go into hiding because of death threats and big chain bookstores pulled Satanic Verses after the fatwa?

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Trusted Contributor

On 12/18/2014 Christmas Balls said:

Remember when Rushdie wrote his book and had to go into hiding because of death threats and big chain bookstores pulled Satanic Verses after the fatwa?

Yup. But that was before they could take down our internets

Respected Contributor

My personal opinion is that Sony should never have made the movie in the first place. All countries don't believe in free speech. Like the OP said, just because Sony could make the movie doesn't mean they should have.

Besides, from the trailers I saw it wasn't that funny.

Respected Contributor

On 12/18/2014 Vamp said:
On 12/18/2014 Christmas Balls said:

Yup. But that was before they could take down our internets

Oh I know. I was just saying this isn't the first time we've had to shut down access to something that is entertainment

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

Couldn't they have shut down Kim and Kanye instead?

Respected Contributor

On 12/18/2014 brii said:

We'll never get that lucky.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Super Contributor

Add me to the list of people who don't find Seth Rogen to be funny.

That being said, I don't think it should have censored. Let the people vote with their money.

Honored Contributor

On 12/18/2014 brii said:

So true..........

Thanks for the giggle to start my day!!

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.