Trusted Contributor

Do you send holiday cards? Why?

I just sent mine out, every year I resolve not to, every year I cave. I like to receive them, so I send them. I guess it's just a nice way to let people know you're thinking of them, and more personal than an email or text. But I wonder if this tradition will go away in time as has the lost art of letter writing. So much to do in today's world, so little time.
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you send holiday cards? Why?

I send cards that have a beautiful message printed in them.

I don't pick out cards that I like on the outside.

It's the passage inside that means the most to me.

It's a joy for me to pass that along especially at Christmastime.

Respected Contributor

I send them every year, but I've gotten lax on the personal note inside. It used to be much longer lol. We've had a very busy December this year, and I don't plan on sending any this year. I hope I'm given the one-year free pass that I give others!
Respected Contributor

I don't anymore. But my husband loves to and I just let him love to.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes I send them and will always send them as long as there are cards and a post office.lol.

I think its IMpersonal to send greetings online!

I don't send as many because all of my older aged family members are gone but I send our immediate family, cousins, and friends. We have some family members and friends who do not live near us also so its fitting to send them greeting cards as we wont see them all at the holidays.

Lastly-I love to get cards in return and I saved some of them over the years. I especially like the ones with family pictures and or pictures of families children.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

No. Because I see the ones I would send cards and give them salutations in person.
hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

Haven't sent cards in years. It's just one more holiday job that I don't want or need. My husband thought they were important and said that he would take over the task the first year I didn't send them.

He didn't that year, or any year after that, lol.

We still get a few. But, I remain in contact all year with those that I really want to hear from.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Super Contributor

I just sent the last of mine yesterday. I send them mainly because I am a card maker and I love to send my designs. I usually include a newsletter for those I haven't heard from in a long time. However, my closest friends still get my cards even though I see them all the time. It's getting more and more expensive to send them, though, and many of my designs require two stamps because they are dimensional and won't fit through the regular slot the post office measures them by.

Honored Contributor

On 12/16/2014 Shorty2U said:

Yes I send them and will always send them as long as there are cards and a post office.lol.

I think its IMpersonal to send greetings online!

I don't send as many because all of my older aged family members are gone but I send our immediate family, cousins, and friends. We have some family members and friends who do not live near us also so its fitting to send them greeting cards as we wont see them all at the holidays.

Lastly-I love to get cards in return and I saved some of them over the years. I especially like the ones with family pictures and or pictures of families children.

Exactly what she said.

Esteemed Contributor

no....I stopped long ago....as others have said....the people I would send to.....I talk to all the time....on a daily or weekly basis...I see no need to send them a card and I told them so...and I told them not to bother to send to me for the same reason....