Esteemed Contributor

Downton Abbey-Season 5 starts Jan 4th. let the speculation begin!

watched a PBS Show on Downton Abbey last night hosted by Bernadette Peters (who looked and talked like she was strung out on something). However they showed some preview scenes from Season 5. There definitely is another wedding in the family but they did not say whose. I am thinking it has to be Lady Mary since the actress who plays Mary is at the end of her contract and has said she will not be back for Season 6. They have to get her off the show and I don't think they can kill her off like they did poor Sybil. Tony Gillingham and Mary actually go away together and spend the weekend at a INN (horror #1) and yes have, well you know (horror #2). What will Maggie Smith have to say about that!!! The couple who are taking care of Edith's love child figure out that the child is Edith's. Tom Branson continues to be torn between his upbringing and roots and his new role as a family member. We find out the secret that the evil footman Thomas holds over Lady Crawley's maid and there is more investigation into Bates's involvement in Mr. Green's demise. Maggie Smith continues to be Maggie Smith with all the really good lines.
Respected Contributor

Re: Downton Abbey-Season 5 starts Jan 4th. let the speculation begin!

There definitely is another wedding in the family but they did not say whose. I am thinking it has to be Lady Mary since the actress who plays Mary is at the end of her contract and has said she will not be back for Season 6.

No I can say with certainty it is not Mary.

Honored Contributor

I'm a fan! I hope we don't see what happened before -- there was a "new" poster who had seen the season when it aired in the UK and they came here and did their best to ruin it all by posting summaries of the key events.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I saw the Bernadette Peters preview, and she seemed fine to me. I always enjoy Maggie Smith!{#emotions_dlg.laugh} She, alone, makes the program worth watching.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Bernadette Peters looked awful, she has had so much botox she could hardly move her mouth! She reminded me of a puppet, LOL!

Love Downton Abbey, no speculations here, I just enjoy watching the show for what it is!

There are lots of spoilers on the internet since it has been shown in the UK, but I'd rather wait till Jan. 4th!

Esteemed Contributor

I thought she looked and sounded like a robot on auto pilot.
Frequent Contributor

Does anyone know if it will be back on?
Respected Contributor

What I don't like is getting the short abridged edition. Last season was quite disappointing observing just how condensed it was....going from being pregnant one week and giving birth the next...can't remember the character's name....the unmarried woman who thought her boyfriend was either deceased or taken by the brown shirts.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/16/2014 Suzy Snowflake said: Does anyone know if it will be back on?
No, I was just making it all up about Season 5
Respected Contributor

I can't wait! It is my favorite Sunday night show! Yay!
Honored Contributor

On 12/16/2014 Suzy Snowflake said: Does anyone know if it will be back on?

As I stated above .............. cannot wait till Jan 4th!!!