Respected Contributor

Why do women feel this constant need to hug or air-kiss everyone they come in contact with???

Not only do I see this with some of the Q hosts, but it's spilling over into my everyday life!! I don't want a hug from everyone..........of course, there are close friends and loved ones that I appreciate that from, but people I hardly know start moving in and it's very uncomfortable.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why do women feel this constant need to hug or air-kiss everyone they come in contact with???

They're craving physical contact?

Honored Contributor

Re: Why do women feel this constant need to hug or air-kiss everyone they come in contact with???

Ya got me.

Trusted Contributor

Just say you think you're starting to get a cold, and they'll back off.

Super Contributor

I guess I do not see or feel that is true that ""women"" do this... only some women do this and it is women who do not respect other peoples spaces. Normal respectful people do not hug and kiss others just as a habit.

Respected Contributor

On 12/16/2014 Vamp said:

I have to learn to think a little faster on my feet.......

Respected Contributor

On 12/16/2014 Vamp said:

I did this once. This guy at the bank always hugged and missed me at the beginning and end of our meeting. I headed him off once by telling him to stay back, I was fighting a cold. It didn't work at the end, though. He broadsided me and kissed me before I left. To put in context, the kiss was on the cheek. He was helping our family with estate matters. This was in NJ. I haven't encountered this where I live now.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

I can't think of a time when this has happened to me. Maybe it's a regional thing?

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

I hug family and friends. Maybe it's a Southern thing. I don't hug strangers unless they hug me. Some have.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Maybe they're trying to be nice?

I agree about the regional thing though.