Esteemed Contributor

One of those giving "Christmas angels" gave to my daughter

My daughter (who is married and a very hard working mom of 3 like many are), was visited by one of those giving angels at her job this weekend.

She works as a server at an upscale restaurant and has lots of regular customers who eat where she works.

This past Saturday she was serving some man (she never saw before) who ate alone at her job.

First he gave her a $25 dollar tip for his "one" meal (which was more than the 20% average). But wait that's not all......

Then she came back with his final receipt (he had put it all on his card). And then he handed her an envelope and said Merry Christmas! She thanked him twice, wished him a Merry Christmas, and was trying to stay composed but she had tears in her eyes. She later opened it and there was all 20's equaling $100 cash.

She told me it was hectic that night and she was tired and that it made her whole night. She couldn't believe it. She said that she is going to pay some of it forward and help someone else.

She has been getting many other Christmas envelopes from her regulars which is really kind of them. This man she didn't know. He came in, ate, paid/tipped, said Merry Christmas as he gave her the envelope, and he was gone.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Re: One of those giving ""Christmas angels"" gave to my daughter

How very wonderful for your daughter! See, there really can be Christmas Magic.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Trusted Contributor

What a lovely story! Thanks for sharing!

Honored Contributor

thanks for sharing that beautiful story shorty.....how touched she must have been!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

How nice for your daughter to feel so appreciated. Nice that her regular customers also give her a Christmas envelope.

Ironic that you recently said, "No we don't tip the mail man and every Tom, Joe and Susie."

Honored Contributor

On 12/15/2014 ivanatrump said:

How nice for your daughter to feel so appreciated. Nice that her regular customers also give her a Christmas envelope.

Ironic that you recently said, "No we don't tip the mail man and every Tom, Joe and Susie."

Respected Contributor

I almost teared up reading this, so I can imagine how emotional your daughter felt. I'm so happy that people are doing things like this for others. Smile

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

In the midst of all the negative things we hear every day, it is heart warming to know there are still many good people out there who are making others smile during the holiday. Thank you for sharing this; I am sure your daughter will always remember this special blessing.
Esteemed Contributor

On 12/15/2014 ivanatrump said:

Why didn't you show the entire post I posted that in?. It was for Christmas gifts/tips!

Meaning we don't buy or tip the mailperson, the UPS person, Fed Ex person, the electrician, plumber, the list goes on. (We would be broke!).

But we tip servers all year long and at Christmas. Same with the newspaper carrier and hair stylist who make WAY less than the mailman, UPS, Fed ex etc etc people do.lol

Otherwise we only buy gifts for family.

Thanks for the replies!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Trusted Contributor

Very nice! I love reading these angel and act of kindness posts.