Super Contributor

SPELMAN, Cosby's biggest beneficiary finally takes a stand...

Spelman has finally taken a stand amid the Cosby scandal. They have "suspended" the program created with a 20 million dollar contribution from Cosby.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2014/12/15/spelman-college-bill-cosby-suspends-chair-profe...

Trusted Contributor

Re: SPELMAN, Cosby's biggest beneficiary finally takes a stand...

Good for them....

Trusted Contributor

It makes sense, but it's too bad for the students. I'm sure some would have been inspired by whatever speaker they brought in.

Honored Contributor

I hope they had just Cosby fore they made that decision.

Respected Contributor

I wonder if the students who benefitted and would benefit in the future think it's a "good" thing. I can see removing his name from scholarships or buildings or classrooms or endowments. But it's ridiculous to say that the man gave us $20M for the enrichment of our students....and we aren't going to use the money. Unless, of course, they are giving the money back.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/15/2014 Chrystaltree said:

I wonder if the students who benefitted and would benefit in the future think it's a "good" thing. I can see removing his name from scholarships or buildings or classrooms or endowments. But it's ridiculous to say that the man gave us $20M for the enrichment of our students....and we aren't going to use the money. Unless, of course, they are giving the money back.

I agree.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor

Good.
Super Contributor

seriously doubt that!

ITA! this hurts nobody but those kids that are counting on the money.

Super Contributor

On 12/15/2014 shesallthat said:

seriously doubt that!

ITA! this hurts nobody but those kids that are counting on the money.

The money supported visiting scholars. No money went to students. This was a professorship program.

Honored Contributor

I know of no charity or foundation anywhere that accepts a contribution of any size with the contingency that they will give it back if the donor does something criminal in the future. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}