Respected Contributor

LOL...The Elizabeth Taylor Thread is Gone

It was civil....guess TPTB were not happy with the negative reviews.

I guess this one will be gone soon too.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Honored Contributor

Re: LOL...The Elizabeth Taylor Thread is Gone

I love the 5 pc. bangle set. Also, the ruby ring is 'spot on' in color and luster.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Hopefully they will learn from the *reviews* what sells and what doesn't.

I think the biggest complaint I have is the faux metal. I'm not even wild about sterling, but at least it would separate me from my granddaughters' *Frozen* jewelry.

I read a post regarding other celeb's jewelry and how it doesn't last (being sold on shopping channels). I own several pieces from Raquel Welch's line (HSN) and are 18K gold. They weren't cheap even 12 or so years ago. Give me gold and I will buy!

Super Contributor

The presentation was a little awkward. It seemed like Lisa and the vendor didn't jive well. She'd say something and he'd disagree with it. Haha.

Honored Contributor

Just remembering (after all of these years) when Morgan Fairchild sold Morganite rings.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I tried to watch, but her use of amazing amazing and beautiful beautiful were annoying. She kept repeating how stunning Elizabeth was and how wearable the jewelry is. It looked better on TV than online though.
Honored Contributor

On 12/13/2014 ROMARY 1 said:

Just remembering (after all of these years) when Morgan Fairchild sold Morganite rings.

That's about when I discovered TV shopping. I fell for one of her rings...still have it somewhere.

Respected Contributor

I only caught the tail end of the show, so I can't speak for the items themselves and how the quality looked.

But the chemistry between Lisa and the vendor seemed awkward....I thought he was rather weird. And as someone else mentioned....she would say something and he would disagree...but she seemed to smooth it out with ease.

It seemed like she read up on the pieces in depth and whatever she commented on about what she read.....he had to top her or disagree. Was the whole show like that?

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Honored Contributor

He looked very nervous.
Honored Contributor

I think it was overwhelming for him. It was Lisa's last night. She looked Very uncomfortable sitting there. There was a lot going on behind the scenes.