Respected Contributor

When you go grocery shopping and lose your car?

I only shop about every ten days as grocery shopping is not my favorite chore. After 45 minutes or so I come out with my basket of groceries and a nice young bagger to help me load them. And THEN I proceed to weave around the parking lot trying to remember where I left my car. Sooooo embarrassing.

Please tell me that I am not the only one. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Respected Contributor

Re: When you go grocery shopping and lose your car?

I think we've all done it.

Honored Contributor

Bless your heart! I always park near the buggy corral, so no lost Sidsmom!!

Super Contributor

This happened to me the first time about a month ago.

I drive a great big bright fire engine RED Ford Expedition. How could you lose that?

Well, daughter was home from college . .. so I drove her tiny blue Honda CRV . . . so I could fill it up with gas for her so she could hit the road after church the next morning back to school.

I momentarily forgot I had driven her car . . . so was frantically looking for my Big Red among the rows of cars and realized . . . I drove her car which I rarely do as she isn't home very often.

I was embarrassed. Usually I wheel out my own groceries but this time I let the kid bagging the groceries wheel them out for me.

Respected Contributor

I've done it too, but like Sidsmom, I now park right next to the buggy corral. That way if I forget which row I'm in, at least I know that I'm next to the carts, LOL.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

On 12/8/2014 sidsmom said:

Bless your heart! I always park near the buggy corral, so no lost Sidsmom!!

Hi sidsmom. Our store is the only one in the area and the parking lot is always packed. So you drive up and down the rows waiting for someone to leave. Like yourself, if I go to the shopping center I will try to park next to where the carts are taken. Truth is that this store is always so crowded and they are always short on checkers so that by the time I finally escape the place I am a mess.

Respected Contributor

"Buggy corral". I'd never heard that before, I figured you must mean the cart return.

Respected Contributor

I like that...buggy corral. Cute.

Respected Contributor

I wish all parking lots would number the rows. WalMart does this so at least I have a fighting chance of finding the car.....

I enter the store doing a mental chant: row 7, row 7, row 7.....

Regular Contributor

If I really can't find my car, I push the alarm button and follow the noise.

One time I couldn't find my car because I had driven my husband's car instead.

I do try to park in the same area, but I can't always do that.