Honored Contributor

Watching the parade on t.v., it's as close as I'll ever get to NY.

I like the parade and the little "shows" we get to see some of.

We've got snow coming down, turkey's in the roaster.

Have a great Thanksgiving all. And a safe one.

Hope all the flyers get home safely and on time for the goodies and family.

Honored Contributor

Re: Watching the parade on t.v., it's as close as I'll ever get to NY.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, gal! My DD was in the parade a few years ago. It was her first trip to NY and she fell in love with the city.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Watching the parade is as close as I want to get to any huge city. Not my thing. I prefer small town life.

Honored Contributor

I LOVE visiting NYC. It's my favorite place in the world!!!!

But not on Thanksgiving on Broadway...during the parade!

Honored Contributor

Everyone should try to get to NYC at least once, it is a true experience like no other!!!

Honored Contributor

My niece is in the bleachers along the parade route. She is a NYC public school teacher and received 2 free passes. I told her to dress for cold weather.

Super Contributor

The audience seem to be all wrapped up warm, while the performing singers and dancers are dressed for the stage, some in sleeveless outfits. How do the singers stay warm? It's 36F in Manhattan. Are there hot air blowers that we can't see on TV?

Super Contributor

My Mom took me to NYC last year for 8 days..... I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it!!!

Going back this summer with my husband and my son.

Valued Contributor

I was born and raised in NYC and every year my dear dad would take me to the parade. I remember being so little that he had to hoist me onto his shoulders so I could see. My dear mom would never go because she hated crowds. Dad and I would eat at the Horn and Hardart Automat where I loved to put money in and get my food. We'd also go to Schrafts for ice cream sundaes. Both of those NY institutions are gone as are my parents and darling husband so the parade brings mixed feeling for me. Same with the lighting of the tree. When I got married, my husband and I carried on the traditions with our son. This post brings back wonderful memories of a precious childhood. I have to admit the parade is not what it used to be. A blessed Thanksgiving to all. docsgirl

Honored Contributor

On 11/27/2014 docsgirl said:

I was born and raised in NYC and every year my dear dad would take me to the parade. I remember being so little that he had to hoist me onto his shoulders so I could see. My dear mom would never go because she hated crowds. Dad and I would eat at the Horn and Hardart Automat where I loved to put money in and get my food. We'd also go to Schrafts for ice cream sundaes. Both of those NY institutions are gone as are my parents and darling husband so the parade brings mixed feeling for me. Same with the lighting of the tree. When I got married, my husband and I carried on the traditions with our son. This post brings back wonderful memories of a precious childhood. I have to admit the parade is not what it used to be. A blessed Thanksgiving to all. docsgirl

Thank you for sharing. My husband and I were just discussing shopping with our dad's for our mom's when we were young. Nice memories for both of us. Hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving too.