Valued Contributor

School Considered Canceling Nutcracker Trip to Protect Kids From Christmas Tree Exposure

{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

The Butler Elementary School PTA in Belmont reversed the decision to cancel a field trip to see "The Nutcracker" after some parents claimed it had questionable content.

The trip to see the famous ballet has been a tradition at the school for years, but apparently some felt the trip was improper because there is a Christmas tree on the stage.

The issue came to a head at a PTA meeting Tuesday night. A source said some people were told they were being discriminatory if they supported their kids going to "The Nutcracker."

http://www.whdh.com/story/27452774/belmont-school-reverses-decision-to-cancel-nutcracker-trip

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/school-considered-canceling-nutcracker-trip-to-103492273846.html

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Respected Contributor

Re: School Considered Canceling Nutcracker Trip to Protect Kids From Christmas Tree Exposure

There are nutcases everywhere. Remember the parents who wanted the Harry Potter books banned because of witchcraft?

Valued Contributor

Re: School Considered Canceling Nutcracker Trip to Protect Kids From Christmas Tree Exposure

sushi,

i forgot about those parents. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Esteemed Contributor

That is insane. I am an Atheist and I cannot believe people are so easily offended by everything under the sun. This country IS 80% Christian!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Super Contributor

So ridiculous. As I was leaving school, the principal and secretary were putting up the school Christmas tree. The kids about went nuts. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Those trees better cover up their twigs.

Respected Contributor

Don't want your kids to see a Christmas tree. Easy. Don't sign the permission slip to let your kid go.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Super Contributor

It's getting to be that a few people have more rights than the majority of people.

Valued Contributor

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot for sure eve!! Absolutely ridiculous!!

Respected Contributor

how ridiculous.