Trusted Contributor

Such wasteful shipping from Walmart - rant!

Once in awhile I purchase nonperishable grocery items from Walmart.com. My latest order arrived with a mess inside due to LACK of inside packing materials. Seven items (out of 20+) were either smashed, or broken or seriously dented & leaking.

I went to the website to initiate a return, and discovered that a separate return label would be generated for EACH individual item to be returned.

I then contacted CS by phone, explained the whole thing to the woman, telling her I thought it would be more cost effective to put all the return items in ONE box, with ONE return label, and she agreed. She took down the info and was very helpful in making arrangements for the damaged items to be replaced and sent out to me.

To my horror FED EX arrived today with SEVEN boxes from Walmart - each one with ONE item inside!! Of course there was LOTS of packing material in each one, but I was shocked to see that each item was sent in a separate box....what a TERRIBLE waste!!

I plan to register a complaint about this wasteful method of replacing damaged goods.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Such wasteful shipping from Walmart - rant!

Sorry for your packing/delivery problem. I just wanted to say Im not surprised though. I would not shop at Walmart if they paid me to.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Valued Contributor

I'm with you Shorty. Walmart gets NONE of our family's business.

Honored Contributor

I read through this 3 times....all together is wrong & separate is wrong. Walk me through this...how would you solve?

Trusted Contributor

On 11/25/2014 sidsmom said:

I read through this 3 times....all together is wrong & separate is wrong. Walk me through this...how would you solve?

Why would all together be wrong? The original order was shipped to me in one box. I don't know why they couldn't have set things up so that I could put all the damaged items in ONE box with ONE label to return them.

However, I neglected to state that they told me NOT to return any of the damaged items, so the return of the goods became moot.

It just shocked me that they then sent out replacement items in 7 separate boxes.

Trusted Contributor

Well, I guess in order not taint this discussion, I should have called it StoreX.com...sorry.

I understand, though. There are some stores I would not and will never set foot in or buy from because of the philosophies of the owners....so I know we all have our limits. Cool

Super Contributor

Did you have to pay for the shipping? If not I don't understand what your complaining about.

Honored Contributor

Did FedEx deliver the original box of together items?

Honored Contributor

I get broken items in the USM a lot. I also get tiny items shipped it huge boxes all the time which is a total waste. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Trusted Contributor

On 11/25/2014 Amaly said:

Did you have to pay for the shipping? If not I don't understand what your complaining about.

PLEASE refer to the subject...