Super Contributor

Nurse who had Ebola asks bridal shop for refunds

{#emotions_dlg.blink}unbelievable!!{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

-----

AKRON, Ohio (AP) — A Dallas nurse who was diagnosed with Ebola is requesting refunds from the Ohio bridal shop she visited, but the store says the reimbursements aren't feasible because it had to temporarily close and lost significant business.

Amber Vinson's Dallas attorney asked that Coming Attractions Bridal & Formal refund $480 in dress payments by several of Vinson's bridesmaids, the Akron Beacon Journal (http://bit.ly/1xS8jiX ) reported.

Attorney Stephen Malouf said Vinson, who has recovered, saw the publicity of her case harm the store and decided to get bridesmaids' dresses elsewhere to avoid further scrutiny for the business.

Owner Anna Younker said Vinson's change of heart and the refund request feel like a slap in the face after the shop lost tens of thousands of dollars because of its connection to her.

Malouf said that wasn't Vinson's intention.

"I'm sorry that the shop is upset," he said. "This was an effort to help the shop {#emotions_dlg.bored} and Amber. ... This was a purely innocent request and I'm sorry it wasn't received in the spirit in which it was sent."

Younker said she occasionally makes exceptions to her store's usual policy against refunds, but that it's not feasible in this case.

"It doesn't make sense," Younker said. "I'm out a lot of money."

The blow to the business was among the ripple effects of Vinson's diagnosis, which also led to several weeks of health monitoring for more than 160 people in Ohio, including a few who were quarantined. None showed symptoms.

Honored Contributor

Re: Nurse who had Ebola asks bridal shop for refunds

Why would she want a refund?

The store lost business because of her.

Respected Contributor

Wow how swell of her..

Trusted Contributor

"Attorney Stephen Malouf said Vinson, who has recovered, saw the publicity of her case harm the store and decided to get bridesmaids' dresses elsewhere to avoid further scrutiny for the business."

If she is really concerned about "further scrutiny for the business", why didn't she just contact the owner to see what she wanted to do rather than getting dresses elsewhere and demanding a refund?

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Respected Contributor

I'm confused by the reasoning that she doesn't want to cause more harm to the store. It doesn't make sense. I think.there is more to this.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Super Contributor

she is riding the gravy train brii! zales just gifted her with a free engagement ring a few weeks ago!

Honored Contributor

If she chose to not get her dresses there for any reason and decided to go elsewhere - she is not entitled to any refund and should not have even requested it.

Honored Contributor

Does this poor woman ever think before she acts? Hello ... is anybody in there?

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

On 11/25/2014 shesallthat said:

she is riding the gravy train brii! zales just gifted her with a free engagement ring a few weeks ago!

I heard about the ring.

Did someone give her free dresses too? I'm confused about why she would want a refund.

Valued Contributor

She feels ""entitled"" for some reason. I find her disgusting!