Respected Contributor

The Sisterhood: Becoming Nuns Premieres November 25 on Lifetime Channel

This might be an interesting new show.

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/the-sisterhood-becoming-nuns/about

"The all-new groundbreaking Lifetime® series "The Sisterhood: Becoming Nuns" (#TheSisterhood) follows five young women who are considering the life-changing decision of taking religious vows to become Catholic nuns. For the first time ever, cameras were granted access to three convents* where the women live and work together alongside nuns during the discernment phase, the process wherein they decide if they want to formally continue on their holy path."

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

Re: The Sisterhood: Becoming Nuns Premieres November 25 on Lifetime Channel

Having been taught by nuns in grammar and high school, and Jesuits in college - this should be interesting!

Super Contributor

i was thinking about trying to catch this. looks like it could be interesting.

Super Contributor

I have to wonder if this isn't a recruitment tool for the orders. The number of young women interested in that life has fallen to practically none.

Respected Contributor

My aunt was a nun. We (nieces and nephews,) were all very close to her growing up. I used to spend the weekend at her convent with her sometimes. Not all orders are the same. She was in an order that was mostly Italians. They were all very warm and fun loving.ladies. When they had some time to take a vacation, look out! Smiley Happy It was a teaching order, and my aunt was a school principal for many years. When she died, hundreds of her former students came to the funeral. I think this show will be interesting, but my aunt actually told me a lot about how she made her decision at 17, and what it was like.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Valued Contributor

I was taught by nuns in grammar school. They were all dedicated older women who were strict disciplianarians. We were in awe of them.

Sounds like an interesting show.

Respected Contributor

Lifetime is walking a fine line with a reality show about women becoming nuns. It's either a commercial for the Church or an instructional video for how women can become more obedient. It will probably be very boring due to PC concerns. We already have Sister Wives and The Duggers, don't see a need for To Nun or Not To Nun.
Respected Contributor

I think it.could be a window into.a life that many know little about. As for obedient, most of the nuns I.knew we're very confident strong women. They took charge of things. They did the work.in the trenches, and they did it well.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

On 11/23/2014 Marienkaefer2 said: I think it.could be a window into.a life that many know little about. As for obedient, most of the nuns I.knew we're very confident strong women. They took charge of things. They did the work.in the trenches, and they did it well.

I agree.Smiley Happy

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Occasional Contributor

Is there nothing that is sacred anymore?