Frequent Contributor

Ok I'm going to say it...Please QVC

Do away with the customer live testimonials...seriously, they are cringe-worthy. Every time I hear a caller call in, I immediately mute the conversation. They are so not necessary. I have not once been tempted by a caller's testimonial. I've been a shopper with QVC for 20+ years. It seems like more and more callers are stumbling over their words, there is dead air, or they simply make the host seem quite uncomfortable.

It is so awkward at times to listen to these callers. Just my opinion of course. But had to say something.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ok I'm going to say it...Please QVC

I'm not sure how they help boost sales. I think they just fill in air time.

Super Contributor

I agree with you. I immediately mute when a caller comes on. Almost always the caller doesn't hear the host talking or just keeps talking nonstop - ugh.

Honored Contributor

And what does it add to the presentation, when the caller wants a host to say "hello" to her sister/friend in Anytown, USA?

One day, I might see if I can get on air, and say "hi" to my sister....then tell her to watch the online presentation of that product!{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Esteemed Contributor

Ive been listening to Q tonight in the background. All the calls have been fine. I think they've gotten better over the years and they make sure the person is up to par before putting them on the air.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Valued Contributor

I'm old so sometimes I think it gives mr permission to say some things out loud without rancore:: a lot of these callers sound so old and lonesome to talk to someone. Maybe that's why they call...
Valued Contributor

Nothing makes me hit the Mute button faster than a testimonial call.

Trusted Contributor

Testimonials fill airtime.....I don't listen to them either.
Super Contributor

I am not swayed to purchase the product because of a caller. They just want to tell their friends that they were heard on TV. (My opinion).

I have been asked countless times if I want to speak to the host and have always declined. Not something I would like to do.

Respected Contributor

These testimonials turn into life stories. Not for me.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown